cougar in central Iowa

Deerassassin, they started the season because a lot of coon trappers were killing bobcats in their conibears and snares. Thus they realized with this info that they had enough in the southern and s.western counties to open a limited season. I'm hoping to kill a cougar with mt T.20.

All, A lion was hit by a car in 2007 just north of Muscatine, Iowa where I live. You can check the story from the Muscatine Journal Newspaper. Last year an EMT from Lousia county just south of the Muscatine county border(grandview) took a shot at one in his back yard. And this year a friend of mine near Winfield Iowa (30 miles south) watched one in his hayfield. We have cover, food (turkey and deer), and space. Wolves, [beeep]. Wild dogs, YES, Lions, YES, Bobcats, They never did go away. Russ

Drove slowly by the 1000 acre timber today. Where there have been a couple lion sightings the last 2yrs. Couldn't find a lion track amongst all of the deer tracks. The next mile I was checking tracks crossing North from the timber into the open rolling hills. Seen a pr of large canine tracks, that came from the timber into the rolling hills. Looked like wolf tracks to me.

GC the guy that killed the wolf with the radio collar on it is an aquaintance of mine. It was in northern MO around Trenton and it was a wierd deal. They tried to nail him with poaching. Saying he drove to wisconsin shot it and then drove back here and told everyone that it was chasing his sheep. Why on earth would anyone do that. He has several pics of it. I have heard of several Lion sightings but I don't believe most of them. I spend a lot of time in the woods and have yet to see any signs. During deer season there are record numbers of people and gut piles and dead deer in the woods and not one confirmed sighting? I believe there are some here but I think people let there minds play tricks on them.

Back