Question for Steve Timm

I too run the 100 grain BT in the .25/06 and .257 Weatherby. Its super accurate and just plain slays stuff.

Steve,

First let me say its great to see you over here. I loved reading your articles in VH Magazine and your post on "the other site" but I completely understand and respect your decision on leaving, there are some very narrow minded people over there. BTW, I am loving those 120BT's in my .280 thanks for turning me on to them. Not wanting to hijack this thread but I have to ask if you feel a CZ 527 M1 American would be a good platform for the .223AI? Thanks!

Hey TN,

I could easily love a CZ 527 M1 American in .223 Ackley. It would be quite close to the perfect Walking Varminter.

Yeah, aren't the 120s GREAT? The heavied-up jacket makes it absolutely superb for use in a go-to rifle. I've had days where I was hunting whitetail and ended up killing a moose; it seems that no matter what, the 120 simply kills well.

Even better, it really shoots flat and it turns a .280 or .280 Ackley in to an antelope killing machine.

Glad to see you here, old friend.

Your buddy Steve

Steve,

I am loading 120's with RL-17 @ 3,267ft/s and getting 1/2" groups. I have been really impressed with this combo. I can't wait to get my CZ punched and I loved your article on the .223AI in VHM.

Thanks,

Jeff

Back