Stevens 200 in 223 (Synth.) What laminate stock(s) will work?

CZ453

Looking at replacing the synthetic stock with a laminate on new 223. Will a Savage stock work without doing any in-letting?

Yes Stevens 200 are the same as Savage 10, or 110 if its got a long action. The part you need to watch out for is the newer versions of the stevens 200. In 2006 Stevens went from a integrated mag to a center feed mag attached to the stock not to the action.

Point being a 2006 or newer 200 will need a different stock.

Yep. Just measure the distance between the 2 action screws from the bottom of the stock. These are screw at the front of the trigger guard and the one alone in the stock.

The older short actions with the stagger feed have a screw spacing of 4.275", and the magbox is attached to the action itself.

The newer short actions with the center feed have a screw spacing of 4.400", and the magbox is not attached to the action. Instead it is mounted in the stock.

As long as you buy a Stevens200 short action/Savage model 10,11,12,14,16 short action stock with the same action screw spacing it will be a drop-in fit. If you buy an aftermarket stock just make sure it fits the same thing, and most companies will ask for the screw spacing.

As far as I know the triggers are fine. If anything the trigger could rub the trigger guard on the side, but just needs relieved a tad. Usually that is the fault of the trigger guards though because Savage has trigger guards with a wide slot for the trigger, and ones with a thinner slot for the trigger.

I have a Stevens 223 in my safe that has a Savage 10fp stock on it, and it went on with no problems. I have another Stevens action that I put a Sharpshooter Supply trigger in and put it in a B&C Medalist with no trouble either.

Last edited:
The older ones used a regular savage 10 stock. I dont know if any of the savage stocks will work for the new magazine.

Back