Camo Rifle Sponge Tutorial

Had to try on one of my ARs

Here is the outcome

DSC03605.jpg

DSC03603.jpg

This is what OD green, and Prison Pink Cerakote looks like together.

She is now not sure if she likes the combo, or pattern.

What do you think?

GreenandPink012.jpg

GreenandPink017.jpg

To be honest, I'm not sure I do either...Tan, Rust or Darker Green would look better... Sorry..

The AR looks really good though..

Originally Posted By: WestonJust got done painted the new shotgun, I followed this tutorial pretty closely. althought I did bigger patches with the sponge here it is done.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Dang,Weston! That looks GOOD!!
thumbup.gif

love the look of the camo on your guys rifles. i would love to do it to mine, just not sure if i have the heart to paint my new savage. lol

Originally Posted By: Kenawell1charliebee. compliment or am I understanding wrong? Just noticed that I had made a comment and had received a question way back when. Yes, that was a compliment - even now, I have trouble finding the 870 in those pictures.
cb

Picked up some paint today, forgot the sponges. Going to paint my Colt AR-15 and a Charles Daly shotgun.

And a couple of rimfires...

Since i have a bit of an addiction to painting guns i have tried a couple dif techs. I used a cheap paint bush once and took some sissors and cut some of the bristles out to make it spaced and it turned out pretty cool also. If i was a lil more computer savy i would post some pics for yall. The best thing i figured out was the less you try to make it look "good" the better it turns out looking.

I'm preparing a synthetic stock for painting.

One question, will acetone melt the stock even though just a dampened rag is used. I know acetone evaporates quickly.

Great looking guns fellas. I am interetsed In painting up my Reamington 770 .270. I have a few questions.

Whats the best way to get the paint to stick to a synthetic stock?

Whats the best way to get It to stick to a stainless barrel?

Originally Posted By: Zack BeamGreat looking guns fellas. I am interetsed In painting up my Reamington 770 .270. I have a few questions.

Whats the best way to get the paint to stick to a synthetic stock?

Whats the best way to get It to stick to a stainless barrel?

I just painted two guns with synthetic stocks and the paint is still stuck. I just lightly sanded the whole gun and hit it with a GOOD primer. I sprayed those. I did however sponge my .270 and it has a stainless barrel and it's still holding up after a year of use. I did a light sand on the barrel. I make sure the guns I paint are super clean before applying any paint.

Originally Posted By: zaragozadwhat about the rusting under the coat of paint or can rust preventative be added

Rustoleum makes a Rusty Metal primer to prevent and paint over rusted metal.

What kind of primer and sand paper did you use? Also do you sand the scope also? How many of you paint the bolt? Do you just paint It seperatly?

Originally Posted By: Ducksoup I really like the webbing paint from Krylon, adds a nice touch.

Where do you find the Krylon webbing paint?

Back