Deburring Flash Hole

ALL my metallics get inside flash hole deburred.

I started years ago with varmint cal's.

Then one day, I was experimenting with Red Dot (a dirty powder) ...... and a .44 mag revolver.

Presto ...... cleaner burn.

Now, I am thinking ....... cleaner ........ ?

....... more efficient.

More efficient? ....... more consistent.

Rather than have some haves ...... and some have nots ..........

........ WHY NOT?

Three 44s

Dirty Dog, No need to flame me out when I was talking about "my" personal experiences yet you saw the need to make personal attacks upon my skills and interpolate that I've only ever shot 1 small group and that had to be an aberration because I must have such poor skills. C'mon man we don't need to sink to that level.

I don't doubt that you are passionate about reloading and shooting and I'm glad that you care so much but let's not make this personal.

Peace.

I look at it this way. I reload for several reasons. I enjoy it and want to improve accuracy over factory loads. With that being said I take all the steps I can to insure uniformity which includes deburring the flash hole. It amazes me how bad the burr can be from case to case and manufactuer to manufactuer.

Last edited:
Excellent observation in making deburring flash hole part of your regular regiment in preppin brass. I too never really thought much about it before, but keeping things constant and uniform seems logical to having brass that is consistent and performs well over and over.

Back