New Guy Here

ssgt walsh

i am the new guy here (noobie, fng, whatever you want to call it). have lived here in yuma az for 7 years and trying to get into the art of predator calling and taking a few yotes. little more about me. first off i have never went after predators, but have taken my fair share of small game, birds, etc. have served 10 years in the United States Marine Corps and justlooking to learn as much as i can before i go and set up a few stands and try to call a few yotes in. any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

First off Thanks for your service! You've come to the right place for the "Ins and Outs" of hunting Predators , and you won'nt find a better site. The best advice you could get is to just take some time and read about the last nine or so pages of old post's. You'll find that about 90% of your questions will be ansewered! The other 10% is just getting out in the field and learning by trial and error! Welcome

Ssgt Walsh, first off thank you for your service, I have 4 nephews in service of the USMC right now.

Just wanted to add a welcome aboard thrown in there, I'm pretty much another newbe around here and learning as I do more reading than posting.

SSGT Walsh, Thank you for your service! Mt Son has 12 years in the Army now and is headed to Afgan for the first time at the end of year. Been to Boznia twice. Good luck at calling! Great way to relax with a rifle in your hands.

Welcome! Thanx for your service also. I'm retired Army and live in Yuma. Shoot me a PM, maybe I can get you out with me. I'm no expert in comparison with a bunch of the guys here but i do have 12 dogs down and one cat since October.

Last edited:
Yes we do thank you for your service and sacrifice. I have a second cousin in the corp., and my dad was a jarhead in the south pacific in WW II. The guys on this site are great, and will help you any way they can. I'm not very good at this, but I also will try.

i appreciate the warm welcome i have recieved. i have just returned (got back in november) from my second tour in Afghanistan and am ready to go out and take down a couple of dogs. i have been reading the posts on here and am very glad that i happened upon this sight. thank you all for welcoming me aboard.

ssgt walsh thank you also for your service at a very difficult time in the world . i'm also a former marine from 1958 and i sure hope you do good on the coyotes. one good thing is, they're not shooting back. you'll certainly appreciate that. good luck
don

Back