Predator Pursuit

Thanks for all the comments guys, positive and negative. We are definetely in the learning stages of the TV gig. If you have seen our DVD's, you know we like to show alot of hunting and not much talk and (pimping) as was stated earlier. It is VERY difficult to work around the Commercial breaks that are required by the channel, and still keep it exciting. All I can say is, we are gonna do the best job we know how, and represent the sport as professionally as we can. Hopefully you guys will like it. Just a heads up, BEARS next week!

The one problem I had was I had to keep turning the volume way up while the calling & talk part of the show was going on, then had to hit the mute fast when the commercials came on.

Really, the feet, yards would not have been so bad, but the guy said something about it only being 5 feet from the call/decoy and one of the other guys agreeed and the first proceeds to step it off while counting the rather large steps.

Yes we could have edited it to look like a 1980's kung [beeep] film, you know where my lips were moving but different words were coming out. But then someone would have something to say about that. We figured most hunters would use common sense and know what I meant to say. But If you have some free time to help us edit, and you have alot of experience we would be happy to have your help.
thumbup.gif
Thanks and Good Hunting.

Last edited:
I have not seen the shown but plan to before the week goes by
but I have been in the TV business for a number of years and
have worked with Todd and Jeff and have aired their footage on
our shows more than once, and they do a good job. They are good
hunters and they film well. As one who has been doing this for
a number of years, we still struggle to make a show look as close to a hunt as we can. And no one can think to say the right things at the right time. Try it, you will see. I find that the camera will shut most people down and they won't say
anything. We never quit trying to get better and while we cannot always notice it, we have lots of critics that tell us
our show gets better each year, and Todd and Jeff's will to.

They know how to hunt and they go on good, fair chase hunts. Not all people on TV do.

The main point is that our sport of predator hunting is gaining
popularity and TV will bring it to the forefront. Each tv Channel has a format, to the second, including the number, length and timing of ad slots, and the producer can do nothing
about this. As has been pointed out, that is the cost, or who
pays the bills for bringing these shows to all of us. Until recently, we did not have them at all. Now we do, but they are expensive and someone has to help pay the bills.

To Todd and Jeff, as one who knows the price it takes to make
a show in terms of time, effort and money, I congradulate you
on your accomplishment of which you should be proud. If I can
be of any help, you only need to call. In the meanwhile, keep
up the good work and never quit thinking about getting better
and you always will.

Terry Denmon
Host
MOJO OUTDOORS TV

Co-Host
HUNTING ACROSS AMERICA TV.

who cares 5 feet 5 yards when you are compassionate and truely love something you will get excited and everyones brain works alot faster then their mouth so to rag on a misspoken word is rude and disrespectfull to say the least if you have never done it then you lead a boring and uneventfull life
the show was awesome guys keep it up and keep em coming

I feel the need to "clarify" the remarks I made in a post last night on the Predator Persuit TV Show which aired on The Sportsman's Channel.

It has been suggested by some that I did not like the show based on my comments. NOTHING could be further from the truth! I enjoyed the show immesnsly. What I was referring to when I complained in my post was the seemingly endless amount of ads on the show. I would get engrossed in a hunt and within 5 minutes (it seemed) of the last ad, on came another. This aspect of the show was the target of my criticism, certainly not Todd and Jeff's fine, well constructed efforts.

I get a huge amount of enjoyment out of hunting predators and when I can't hunt them, I watch it on TV and DVD's. (Ok, I'm addicted) Sure, some of the producers of TV Preator Hunting shows are better than others, but when Todd and Jeff announced their upcoming show, it really turned my head! I know them, respect them, and will continue to watch their show every chance I get. Good work, guys.

(Now, if we could figure out a way to air the show without a zillion commercials, we'd have the perfect situation!)

Very sincerely,

John Brody
"Rustydog"

Last edited:
Unless you've got the pockets deep enough to totally sponsor a show with out any outside help I think the problem with commercials is avoidable. I liked the show. What I would like to see is more shows with an Eastern style of hunting with more cover. Seeing a coyote from a mile out and watching him/her come in on the run is exciting, but not realistic for some of us. I'm not stupid enough to not know that you're not going to get much video in situations like Easterns have to deal with, but it would be just as exciting to me.

Keep up all the good work guys!

I am upset the Outdoor Channel or Versus do not carry it. 5feet or five yards. That is coyote about sitting in your lap.
Wonder how many guys were on scene? Two shooters couple of camera guys, everyone hauling a ton of gear. Called a coyote very close by anyones standards, then got it in frame. Sounds like the did a killer job. Lot more than 11minutes went into getting that footage. Hats off to the PP boys. Now get the outdoor channel or VS to air it LOL.

I'll volunteer to edit all the shows. Todd and Jeff can just send me the footage before it airs and I can straighten out any yards-foot errors ahead of time.
thumbup1.gif
That will make up for the fact that I can't get the stinking channel on Dish Network.

Boys, you make some of the best movies out there. I doubt that you're t.v. show can be anything less than the greatness that you bring to the DVD world. Commercials or not I wish I had the opportunity to watch.

Nate

I watched the TV show last night and as every one has mentioned the commercials were over the top as well as they kept repeating them but the footage was clear and the Predator Pursuit team did a good job filming and taking advantage of their shots. My favorite thing was that the 10 gauge might be making a come back lol... As for all the negative comments well there's a old saying "don't knock it till you try it" and any one No's that has tried to film a predator hunt that it is not a easy task by any means and I speak from experience even with all the right equipment it is to say the least a challenge also when you have sponsor and a TV network to deal with things can get tricky as to how the final product turns out. I think that we should all be glad that are sport has moved to the next level and that no matter who makes what that as long as they stay true to the sport and try to teach others how to be a better predator hunter then we all can succeed from that. Also I can tell first hand from experience that when you have a coyote hard charging and shoot it basically in your lap then you are so pumped up that 5 feet could become 50 feet and you wouldn't care. Sorry for the long post and good job guys!
God bless and Good Hunting Skinner

Good God, did everyone get their Post Toasties pee'd in first thing this morning????

In my original post the very first thing is LOL, you all do know what this stands for right???? If not it is short for Laughing Out Loud. As I sat there watching the show and this came up, just the way it was said and then the actions, it came across as comical to me. I guess all the rest of you must take life a whole lot more serious than I do, tis a shame. Lighten up and stop to smell the roses now and then. Makes life go a whole lot better.

Me, I am going over to >>> that corner and eat my popcorn, while you all try to get your panties out of the major twist you have them in.

Allstar and I were at Skeets the week following this footage. We had an incredible hunt as well, with a triple and some incredible footage ourselves - had we been filming there. Total was 21 Coyotes and 3 Kit Fox. We had some inside knowledge of their action before the show aired. I have been looking forward to it and there is more to come that will be even better.

If you have not went out and tried to create your own video, TV show or Podcast, you can't know what is involved. I have been impressed with every production they have made and the youthful nature of the show is what I enjoy about it. These guys get excited when a predator is taken and seeing Skeet on TV with his "BoomStick" (SP10 shotgun) is pretty funny.

I was glad to see the show and the footage they presented. Truth be told, without the commercials and the adds, there would be no show. So if you enjoed it at all, deal with it and even better, partake in the sponsers products.

If the biggest problem you have with the show is "Feet Vs yards" then you have issues way bigger than predator hunting.

Todd and Jeff, keep bringing us a good show.

I would suggest though that you include some viewer questions in the show. This way you can answer questons on the air about particular setups, tools etc and then add the hunting scenes to that. This would help newer and more experianced hunters as well get the most out of the show.

Last edited:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Theodore Roosevelt quoteSpeech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Originally Posted By: Grampas ShopGood God, did everyone get their Post Toasties pee'd in first thing this morning????

In my original post the very first thing is LOL, you all do know what this stands for right???? If not it is short for Laughing Out Loud. As I sat there watching the show and this came up, just the way it was said and then the actions, it came across as comical to me.

Gramps,,, Looks to me like you're just nit picking and trying to get a rise out someone,, or simply looking for attention.. That's a pretty poor example for a "Grampa" to set IMO..

Personally I don't care for ANY hunting shows on TV,, and could really give a rip one way or the other..
I'm only replying because I saw your post on another site where you bragged about stirring the pot over here and THAT "came across as comical to me"..

Might be time to grow up,,, "Grampa"..
Carry on

I like the show but try to fill the screen with the picture would be a little better. I think in time this show could become great.

Back