Predator Pursuit

Grampas Shop

LOL, just got one and one of the guys says "Wow, not 5 feet away from the Prairie Blaster" and then takes 5 big steps to reach the coyote. I guess feet mean different things in different areas huh????

Besides the guy not knowing feet from yards I wasn't overly impressed with the show either.

Way to much advertisement, not near enough show.

I was eagerly awaiting for the show but the ads ruined the whole presentation. Todd and Jeff were hunting on the best coyote country in the US (in my opinion; I've hunted with Skeet) and all we saw was 11 minutes of action and 18 minutes of ads.

I do not know the "ins and outs" of the TV World, but they (The Sportsman Channel)really screwed up a potentially action packed 1/2 hour! Too bad!

Rustydog

Last edited:
I do not get to watch any hunting shows on TV, But I do know Todd and Jeff and I know how exciting getting a good kill on film can be. often times we get our words mixed up such as feet and yards and such. Five feet Five yards, who cares which it is either way it is very close.

I once did a talk show and mixed up 2 words that were critical to my presentation. I never knew I did it until I was able to listen to it recorded a week later. Much too late to correct.

As for the commercials, I hate commercials. unfortunately for any of us to be able to watch our favorite programs such as gunsmoke and rawhide {my personal favorites on the garbage I have to choose from} there will always be commercials. A necessary evil I guess.

Most of us are hungry for more and more predator hunting. The only way to get to see it is to lend more encouragement to those willing to take a leap of faith to try and make it possible. while positive feed back in encouraging I guess some constructive negative feed back can be beneficial as well. I look forward to getting to see recordings of the show eventually.

i think todd and jeff do a great job. i have all their videos and enjoy all of them, yes they do lots of advertising but it takes lots of backing from their sponsers to be able to put the shows out to the public and they want to make sure their names are mentioned. JMO

Thats funny!

We caught the "five feet" thing before it aired, obviously Jeff meant yards, but we are all human. It was sure close enough, and 5 yards or 5 feet it was close! I knew yall would catch it, but didnt see it as a big deal.

As far as advertising vs. hunting time, we have zero control over that. There is a set amount of commercials and you just have to work around that, its a necessary evil if you will. Every TV show has the same format, not much we can do there. We did show 5 kills in a short amount of time, cant say I have seen that very often.

Guys we are not perfect, some of you will like our show, some will not, thats a given. We try our best to relay our style of hunting, which doesnt fit everyones mold, nobodys will. We will however bring you lots of action in a fun, clean environment.

Thanks for the feedback, you rarely learn anything from a pat on the back.

Todd

Originally Posted By: Todd WoodallThats funny!

We caught the "five feet" thing before it aired, obviously Jeff meant yards, but we are all human. It was sure close enough, and 5 yards or 5 feet it was close! I knew yall would catch it, but didnt see it as a big deal.

As far as advertising vs. hunting time, we have zero control over that. There is a set amount of commercials and you just have to work around that, its a necessary evil if you will. Every TV show has the same format, not much we can do there. We did show 5 kills in a short amount of time, cant say I have seen that very often.

Guys we are not perfect, some of you will like our show, some will not, thats a given. We try our best to relay our style of hunting, which doesnt fit everyones mold, nobodys will. We will however bring you lots of action in a fun, clean environment.

Thanks for the feedback, you rarely learn anything from a pat on the back.

Todd

I wish I could see your show but since switching to dish network I no longer get the sportmans channel.

One thing I hope you don't do on your show is spend more time pimping your sponsors than showing actual hunting. Leave the pimping of sponsors to the commercials as that is what the commercials are for.
Doing that is what I hated about predator quest when I did have directv. I stopped watching PQ for that reason alone. I liked his what little hunting they showed but spending more time pimping than hunting is a real turn-off.

Here is hoping dish network gets the sportsman channel so I can check out your show.

Great show imo! could be more informative for some i.e cal using. how to. ect i know more people that like that instead of kill kill kill would like to learn more about it. my dad included i told him tune in. he said it was great either way. it was only one show though so far on the t.v i still think it was great.

I saw the show tonight in it's entirety.

I thought it was a good show with lots of action, and great shooting, proper stand setup, and a great place to hunt with lots of coyotes coming in.

There were a lot of commercials, but, unfortunately that's the price of having a TV show. I didn't think that the show had any more commercials than any other show, plus the Predator Pursuit guys did't pimp out anything like some other hunting shows.

In all, I thought it was a great first show. With experience filming for TV comes perhaps better videography, editing, and content. I'll bet you will see better shows as the season continues. One thing that may help is to get the editor to enlarge the format to fill the screen. It seemed like it was in widescreen format which reduced the picture size on my TV.

It was also very pleasing to see that AP Jones of All Predator Calls was a sponsor with the show. AP should get some good coverage out of that, and he's very good to work with, and has the best selection of anything predator hunting related on the planet.

Unless you have actually filmed TV shows and dealt with the issues of sponsors, and commercials, and editing, plus the costs of all the above, it's kinda hard to really know what goes on behind the scenes, and that may lend some critisizm to the people doing that show. Don't be too hard on them because it's definately harder than it looks to please everyone, and still put out an outstanding show.
I thought they did real well, and represented the sport extremely well indeed.

Barry

I want to convey my support of the show. I feel that our sport needs the airtime that shows like this are beginning to offer to the public. As far as the advertisements during the brodcast, this is something that P.P. has absolutely no control over. I hope before other predator hunters are too quick to judge or critisize they would consider the effort that is being put into paving the way for the overall future of "our" sport!! We need shows just like this one to promote the sport and take predator hunting to that next level were it deserves to be!

Quote:LOL, just got one and one of the guys says "Wow, not 5 feet away from the Prairie Blaster" and then takes 5 big steps to reach the coyote. I guess feet mean different things in different areas huh????

Haha, I find it very childish that you couldn't find anything else wrong with the show and simply had to put them down because of miswording. Wow....
unsure.gif

Hmm, I guess it's easy to hide behind a computer screen though...

Personally, I enjoyed the show. And so did my dad. Too many commercials? Possibly. But as Todd stated, him and the rest of the PP team have no control over that. I think it's a great thing to see the sport of predator hunting appearing more on tv shows. And I think the Predator Pursuit boys are gonna bring something different and exciting to the TV screen. Honestly, how many shows have guys hunting baboons??
thumbup1.gif

That's my opinion, I'm done.
thumbup.gif

Quote:
It was also very pleasing to see that AP Jones of All Predator Calls was a sponsor with the show. AP should get some good coverage out of that, and he's very good to work with, and has the best selection of anything predator hunting related on the planet.

Unless you have actually filmed TV shows and dealt with the issues of sponsors, and commercials, and editing, plus the costs of all the above, it's kinda hard to really know what goes on behind the scenes, and that may lend some critisizm to the people doing that show. Don't be too hard on them because it's definately harder than it looks to please everyone, and still put out an outstanding show.
I thought they did real well, and represented the sport extremely well indeed.

+1!
thumbup.gif

Last edited:
Ah I love a good predator hunting show, just can't watch them any more on cable since we down sized to just basic. Feet, yards? Its all good and not critical in my opinion.

Good luck with your show Todd.

Back