A Good Evening!!!

Brian Stewart

After watching the wind blow all evening I decided to get out and do a little hunting and work on a video I've been trying to get filmed. I went about 4:00pm and ended right after dark about 2 hours worth of hunting. I went to an area I called in a nice cat last year and I haven't hunted since and I knew it hadn't been called this year either so I was hoping it would help. We made 5 stands and ended up calling in a bobcat and 3 foxes. I was trying to get a guy hunting with me a shot at foxes and he could not get a shot. I killed the bobcat about 90 yards away with my R15 when it set down trying to figure out what my Mojo Critter was after it got tangled up in some briars. The fox I shot at around 60 yards after watching it run back and forth for about 3 or 4 minutes with my new 870 that I camoed up. My wife won it for me on a raffle (she's great)
tt1.gif
I was using a Dead Coyote choke with Dead Coyote T shot. He never took another step. I was using the adult cottontail out of the Foxpro as well as a hand call today due to the high winds. It goes to show that even though it is windy it still pays to get out. I had waited all day and finally got tired of looking out the window at the trees swaying. I'm glad I went now.

Last edited:
Jeremy,
I did get them om film. The guy who was filming saw the bobcat way before I did. It always helps having an exta set of eyes.

Last edited:
The film is part of an Eastern Predator Hunting video I'm working on and won't be edited for a while.Chad Walk has teamed up with me to get it done. Due to commitments falling through I had to put it on the back burner for a year so now things are falling in place. I believe everyone will be pleased of the outcome. Brian

Brian great job man! That bobcat sure is a nice one... We just got back last night from hunting with Byron South in Texas...16 Hrs down the road is a long way but we had a great time with Byron and we got some great footage with him also...Me and Brian is teaming up to make a predator hunting video here in the east and its not only going to be some great kills but it is going to be very instuctional on how to make your setups and how to pick your stands...We are very excited about making this video and we think a good predator hunting video in the east is long overdue...Brian Ill give you a call today....Congrats friend!

Chad

On the R-15 I've got a Fenix TA-20 it is a great little light for 150 yards easily.But for filming we use Light Forces too. I was using only the Fenix for the fox and could pick the eyes up on video. I was wanting to show how good a small light would work. I might still use it on the video just for the demo but it's hard to get the footage without the bigger lights but when in real life that is all you need. I don't have a light on the shotgun. I do have a Tru-glo scope on it. I like the reddot scope on the shotgun as well. It makes for quick shooting and I don't have to worry about seeing my sights or making sure my cheek is on the stock.

Originally Posted By: Chad WalkBrian great job man! That bobcat sure is a nice one... We just got back last night from hunting with Byron South in Texas...16 Hrs down the road is a long way but we had a great time with Byron and we got some great footage with him also...
Chad

Are you going to be adding the footage you got in Texas to your Eastern video?

Originally Posted By: bnccont

Are you going to be adding the footage you got in Texas to your Eastern video?

No Texas footage...It will be mostly hunting in Va...

Chad

Back