R-15 .223 and 40 grain bullets

Just curious if anyone one has had any issues with these cycling in there AR with the less recoil? Just wanted to see some opinions before buying 500 or 1000 rounds. I have shot two box with no problems and they appear very accurate. Fiocchi and Hornady are the brands I have shot and planned on getting some of the cheaper Fiocchi 40 grainers in bulk. Anyone else have any experience with Fiochi? Thanks

Not sure what you are asking here? Are you saying that because they are 40gr bullets that there will be less felt recoil, therefore possibly a cycling problem? If so, then the answer is "no." You will not have a cycling problem and I seriously doubt you can tell the difference between a 40gr and, say, a 75gr in .223. I know I can't........I've honestly never even thought about it. Step up to a bigger caliber and you definitely can tell the difference, but with a .223, you'll never know it. AR's aren't subject to this with properly charged ammo as say an auto loading shotgun might be with light trap loads vs. hunting loads. If you under-charge a handload or something like that, then your likely to have issues.

I have no experience with Fiocchi, but I do know that my Rock Rivers will eat anything I feed them. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I have read some reviews on ammo about guys having problems getting 40 grainers to cycle. Just curious if anyone on here had any issues. My first inclination was that there AR needed cleaning or something of that nature. Thanks for the reply

There should be no cycling issues. Using reduced loads will cause the problem but 40's shoot well in my R-15
Greg Harrison

Back