ANTI Predator Hunting WEB Site

They don't mention anything about the depredation predators do on both domestic stock and deer and elk do they. Don't see them nursing orphaned deer and elk back to health and releasing them to the wild.

The wolves released here in Idaho have now reduced some of our elk herds to the point where there are not enough to reproduce viable herds.

Working with international and local authorities to control birds of prey, deer, coyotes, and foxes without killing them. Over time finding suitable release sites for rehabilitated animals became increasingly difficult and public management policies were failing to protect predators and their habitat. The rampant use of predator control methods such as leg hold traps, poisons, snares, aerial gunning, bounties, and designated hunting seasons was profoundly impacting existing populations and undermining the second chance for rehabilitated animals. In 1995 the organization closed the rehabilitation center.

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS..they are complaining because the animals are over populated and have no place to put them?

Guess they need to leave it to the professionals...

Quote:
They don't mention anything about the depredation predators do on both domestic stock and deer and elk do they. Don't see them nursing orphaned deer and elk back to health and releasing them to the wild.

The wolves released here in Idaho have now reduced some of our elk herds to the point where there are not enough to reproduce viable herds.

Actually they do, its a pdf link on that coyote page.

http://www.predatordefense.org/docs/coyotes_letter_Dr_Crabtree_11-04-97.pdf

Seems Dr Crabtree has studies a coyote or two. What they mention that it is our fault because with the death of so many coyotes they are forced to try new food groups. Thus leading to them attaching large game and livestock animals which is something that they wouldn't normally do I guess.

Blah blah blah. Decent read though had some good information that I will use to up my game while hunting them.

Quote:
...Blah blah blah. Decent read though had some good information that I will use to up my game while hunting them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love this one

Quote:Do coyotes kill for fun?

No. Coyotes only kill enough to feel themselves and their pups, usually killing only one animal for their needs. Domestic dogs, however will often kill many animals at once, such as chickens and sheep; the deaths are often blamed on coyotes.

yeah right what a load my brother and I watched a yote kill several sheep at once only reason he lived that day was we weren't carrying because it was Sunday and then you couldn't hunt on Sundays did that yote eat all the sheep no just killed and left

Install a 6 foot fence with overhang? Install outdoor lighting?

Seems like an awful lot of trouble. Maybe wolves should be introduced across the entire range of coyote inhabited area, even the non-native 1/3 of the continent. Then the coyote population will be in check, by gosh.

But then again, since they only kill what they NEED, and they are stunning, intelligent, playful, affectionate and devoted care givers, I'll trade in my Akita for a few pet coyotes.

Is there really anything that these people can't justify?

Last edited:
Gotta love how they call coyotes affectionate. Then why are there known reports of them stalking and even attacking humans?

Originally Posted By: TribalJakei actually sent them an email talking about habitat capacity and what i do (hunt predators)

Did you get a reply back? I was going to do the same thing when I got home.

These guys seem to have confused the coyote with the wolf!!!

Quote:Coyotes are pack animals with a social structure similar to wolves. Packs consist of a dominant male and female (alpha pair), and extended family members (betas and omegas). Typically, only the alpha pair breeds, and produces one litter a year.

Unless I am very mistaken, the breeding of coyotes is more inline with domestic dog...as much and as often with any and all opportunities.

As for family groups, those only last about a year before the yearlings are sent on their way.

Once again, a group of essentially ignorant, emotional, unteachable folks trying to lead others into the same mindset.

I have seen things smarter floating in the john. thes guys make me sick. I wish they would open a season for morons. If they did man we better get lots of ammo.

Originally Posted By: blueline1911Install a 6 foot fence with overhang? Install outdoor lighting?

Is there really anything that these people can't justify?

I wonder if they would help me purchase a fence like this around my ranch. Its 80 sections total. Of course, how do I get the existing coyotes off my land after the fence is up?
These people think coyotes are coming from some invisable place and going back when they are done eating. These coyotes they are talking about live here 24/7, how do I fence them out?

They say coyote will balance their population out due to food availability. Yeah sure, that would be great if there was not food left out at every curb on trash day. They have an endless abundance of food around the urban interface resulting in unatural numbers, duh.

I love the part where it said they argued against DFG about the fact that MTN. Lions need to be managed to prevent loss of human life, livestock, and game animals. Who are you going to believe? Some loaded day dreaming hippies or a panel of bioligist who actualy perform studies and have data? They should come on down to CA and start hiking alone. My dog was attacked by a bold mountaini lion 25 yards from me and just 100 yards from a housing track. Then it blocked the trail, waiting in a tree to pounce on my back. Great idea to ban cat hunting isn't it?

I hope that one of their children is snatched from their yard and eaten. When they go to Montana to clear their head from the loss of their child I hope a Grizzley mangles them just enough so they lie in agony and go bankrupt from medical bills.

where do I sign up for the arial gunner position? Heck, even the CA DFG does arial gunning, even in remote areas. The most liberal state still sees the value of predator control. Our dog season is also all year unlimited take. Now if we could just get the cat population under control that is far beyond pre-european levels....

Last edited:
The reason you can't make sense out of liberal speak is because liberals don't operate on common sense, they run on emotion!

"Save the wolves, save the cougars, save the coyotes .... ooooohhhhh ......... poor predators" ......... It's an emotional argument.

Three 44s

So here is how I look at it. I am not thinning out the coyotes. I am promoting the growth the of the species, since all the idiots believe that by thinning number we only encourage more reproduction.

So under their logic, I am doing more for the coyote populations by killing everyone I see than they are doing.

I always love when I throw that argument in the face of an anti. They always stumble when I claim I am helping the population.

[[/color]So here is how I look at it. I am not thinning out the coyotes. I am promoting the growth the of the species, since all the idiots believe that by thinning number we only encourage more reproduction.

So under their logic, I am doing more for the coyote populations by killing everyone I see than they are doing.

I always love when I throw that argument in the face of an anti. They always stumble when I claim I am helping the population.

Well said. I love this. They need to fund us since were helping them. Lets post on their site for donations.

Last edited:
Back