Different results - heres why

hey guys! i'm new here and have read every post in this thread which was pointed out to me by coleridge, thanks! i have learned alot, most of it i didn't realize prior to reading this thread that i was doing it all wrong on my stands! i went about things with the thought of "not that hard to kill a coyote, all you do is sit on a stand and do a little calling, be patient, wait for the kill" there is nothing farther from the truth!! i now know what i have tried to do in the past has not resulted in anything other than wasting my time and telling the yotes they have a safe place to roam while i'm there!! most of the posts that i have read were very informative coming from predator hunters which have been hunting the hunters for more years than i have even looked at.
i really appreciate the time these guys have taken out of there hunts to share their knowledge of predator hunting, be it in the east or the west. i don't know enough about hunting out "west" to intelligently make a comment. heck, i don't have enough experience to speak of hunting predators in the east either!
there are some "old heads" , no offense, it's just a term we use around here to speak of someone who has been there and done it and willing to share, on here who have been hunting the way they have explained and have been very productive and by looking at some of the pics, very impressive as well.
i'm not one to let my personal feelings come into play when speaking of hunting or let my feelings influence my responses to these posts. i always say "if your feeling get hurt, you shouldn't have had them out playing with them"
i want to learn more about hunting these elusive yotes, i've only gotten involved with it about a year or so ago...and what a bad year it has been.
i dont' get discouraged, just hard headed enough to try it again and again until i think i've gotten close to making it work and then asking for help.
i have a comfortable chair to read posts from as advised by Chad, so keep them coming and share the wealth of information you guys have to offer to us "rookies"

thanks ,

jamie

Yeah I just read this thread start to finish over two days....and boy to I have a lot of work ahead of me. I need to inventory my hunting spots and figure out ingress and egress routes and wind directions, etc. I do pay attention to the wind, but not as religiously as I should be apparently. I also need to get to the range more and practice some off hand shooting.

I've been reading a few post over the past few weeks and this is the type of information that I have been looking for. Found a link too it several pages back.

I've killed 5 over the last 30+ years. Mostly in my in-laws cow pastures. They lose several calves every year to coyotes, and I know they take a heavy toll on the turkeys that I love to hunt. Unfortunately, I have to travel 400 miles to hunt them in lower Al.

Thanks to the guys who shared their knowledge here.
Did I mention that this was a great thread.

thanks,
CC

Back