ND bound

MNHNTR

going out for Thanksgiving and while I am out there I may as well hunt. Anyone in the Leeds area? Be there through Saturday if anyone wants to hunt.

ND is a great state for predator hunting. They do not have any sort of government predator control program.

SD shoots yotes from planes. I know one of them and last winter they averaged 3 days a week of hunting and 60 some yotes a day. He always said right along the ND border was the best. They would shoot an area one week and go back a couple days later and shoot just as many as the first time. When a ne food source became available the yotes took advantage of it.

Good luck!!

I think its N-D that shoots them from planes I may be wrong but I dont think so I am mybe S-D does it to now that would be a big big bummer for sure..... I an Phil were out in N-D hunting last year and that Plane was doing lots of killing and screwed up a few of our sets thats for dam sure.. You want to talk about two pissed off hunters Ekks it sucked big time.. I understand its there job and why they are doing it but dam it can really mess up peoples hunting...
But good luck out there and shoot lots and lots.. Post some pics and storys... : )

well we called last evening and this morning and only saw one yote driving between spots. By the time we got out and got the gun out the yote was gone.

SD has done it for years...and yes they can really ruin a day of hunting.

From what the GF&P people were telling me, ND does not have a state run program, not to say some locals arent doing it.

You are correct PrairieShadow. We do not have a state run program. What others may have seen would more than likely been USDA preditor control for local ranchers that have requested it.

Back