Camo Rifle Sponge Tutorial

Originally Posted By: Kenawell1I am not sure if I did this right. Here's my finished 870.

What, there's a gun in those pictures? Coulda fooled me... Did fool me actually!

I think what he meant was that you did such a good job that he couldn't see your weapon in the pic. Good job Dave, hope my messages helped you figure the technique out. And I see you figured the photo posting thing out too
smile.gif

Does it matter if I take the barrel off before I paint it? And how important is a clear cote. I bought the Krylon camo paint and it doesnt look like it requires a clear coat.

Those paint jobs look great! Makes me want to spend a little time outback with my 22-250 and some paint. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: druupyDoes it matter if I take the barrel off before I paint it? And how important is a clear cote. I bought the Krylon camo paint and it doesnt look like it requires a clear coat.

You can paint barrel on or off. The clearcoat adds durability to the paintjob, and makes cleaning it easy without rubbing off the painted finish. When mine gets dirty I spray the paintjob with glass cleaner and wipe it off. No oil.

Hey Barry,

Ever thought of doing a short video on the "how to" of the camo process. Maybe do a complete camo job and give instruction as you go. Some guys like me are visual learners and like to see it done before jumping in.

Just a thought about a video. I for one would be interested in purchasing a copy.

David

Me and Dad just finished his marlin 60. We think it turned out pretty good.
smile.gif
Here are some before and after pics.
Before:

4115856105_2f8f1be534.jpg

After:

4116620598_a4d9f113eb.jpg

4115849181_95244b374a.jpg

Note the sponged toy in the back!
smile.gif

~Ben

Last edited:
Todayspics018.jpg

Todayspics017.jpg

Todayspics016.jpg

Todayspics015.jpg

Sorry for the quality of the photos, this digital camera isn't that good. Thank all of you guys that posted pics of your rifles and for all of the tips that you guys supplied. I was intimidated to do this until I read your guys' posts and tips.

Thanks,

gonzaga

Gonzaga; I really like the 527 you did .. .. One thing I didn,t do on the VTR was put a clear coat on it to protect the color coat ... What cal is your 527 ????

it is a .223. I love that gun, but I think my son is gonna steal it from me. He shot it the other day and told me"I really like this gun!"

Originally Posted By: JxMAN25so i have a woodstock gun could i paint a woodstock rifle.

Sure, you just need different colors and patterns.
thumbup1.gif

3D-Psychedelic-Smiles_1.png

Last edited:
Back