Scorpion Problems

kymailman98

I bought my first Scorpion in December of 2007. Within the first 6 months, it had quit on me twice and I had returned it to Foxpro for repair. After the second time, they replaced it with a new one. That was in June of 2008. This latest call worked good until Saturday, then it quit playing. I do not abuse these calls. As a matter of fact, I handle them as if they were made of glass. I am beginning to have my doubts about the Scorpion and it's apparent glitches. I had an FX3 that was trouble free, and know several people who have FX5's and never had a problem. I will send this one back to Foxpro and I know they will fix it, because their Customer Service is super. But, if I have one more problem with a Scorpion, I will try another brand of call. When you pay $500 for a call, and that's what they were when I bought mine, you expect it last a while, evidently, they don't.

Last edited:
My Scorpion was returned to me today, all fixed and ready to go. As I said in my first post, I have nothing but good things to say about Foxpro's Customer Service and repair. They are first class in my book. I just hope this fixes the problem I'm having with the Scorpion call...permanently. I don't plan on keeping on sending them back for repair every year, or even less than that. If I have another breakdown with this call, any time soon, I will sell it, and get another brand.

I'm glad they took care of your problems. I will say I've never really heard anyone say Foxpro doesn't stand behind their products. Hopefully you'll be all set from here on.

My gripe, most certainly, in not with Foxpro's service and repair. They are great, and they fix your call and get it back to you ASAP. Any outfit that does that, is a good place to do business with, and I would broadcast that from atop the highest mountain. I just don't like having to keep returning these calls for repair. First off, it costs money to mail them back, and you lose hunting time, because your call is being repaired. That is the main issue with me. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has had trouble with the Scorpion call, maybe I'm just the only one who fusses about it.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Sent mine in also. It is on a slow boat coming back. UPS is saying 12 days to come from PA to Utah.

I sent mine in via USPS, and received it back, thru UPS in 8 days. They must have fixed it as soon as they got it. Great service. I always use USPS Priority Mail, as it usually gets there in 2-3 days, normally 2.

Originally Posted By: kymailman98Originally Posted By: reb8600Sent mine in also. It is on a slow boat coming back. UPS is saying 12 days to come from PA to Utah.

I sent mine in via USPS, and received it back, thru UPS in 8 days. They must have fixed it as soon as they got it. Great service. I always use USPS Priority Mail, as it usually gets there in 2-3 days, normally 2.

I sent mine USPS also to them. I sent it over night. They had it headed back to me in 2 days. The problem is UPS bringing it back.

i just had the same issue - picked up the scorpion after not using since last year and dead. Sent it in - got it back- fired up one time - dead again - Foxpro sent UPS to pickup - will be back next Monday- but had the whole week off this week and no call to use. Service is the best - but i am about ready to trade this one in.

Originally Posted By: riverswildAre these known issues? Has anyone been told why their machine died?

Foxpro replaced my first one, after the second time it was sent in. They have never told me specifically why the unit quit. All I know is that they fix it ASAP, and get it back to you. As I have said on here several times, I don't like the call quitting on me as often as it has, but Foxpro's service is number one. I won't complain about that!!

I had a similar issue. In my case it was an issue that I had caused by unplugging the battery tray and leaving the wires loose in the unit. Somehow they were hitting the battery tray and eventually shorted out something. Even though it was my fault and they discovered that they fixed it with no charge and had it back very fast.

Back