I Smoked A Fattie!

ozzy

No not that kind! Its a chub of sausage rolled out flat and stuffed with white sharp cheddar,swiss,parmesan,red,yellow and green bell peppers and onion. Wrapped in a lattice of bacon and smoked with apple wood. First one Ive ever made, wont be the last.

donefatty.jpg

Heres what it looks like before the smoker. Just weave bacon like a lattice topping on apple pie but tight, roughly about 7 pieces each direction. Flatten out a 1# chub of breakfast sausage the same size as the weaved bacon. Stuff the sausage with whatever you want. Roll the sausage up and seal the ends.Place the sausage on the bacon and roll up and tie off with butchers string or use toothpics. Toss it on the smoker or in the oven.

rawfatty.jpg

Originally Posted By: borkoni know what i'm doing tomarro!!!!! thanks

Throw up a pic of it with ingredients.

I smoked my first turkey today on the Traeger. I injected it with a combo of :Cajun Seasoning,garlic powder, salt, and some black pepper. I am more than impressed. In fact my son and I are enjoying the first sandwich of it. I just got it off the grill about a 1/2 hour ago. I like cooking on the smoker because it stays so moist and doesn't dry it out.

Originally Posted By: gonzagaI smoked my first turkey today on the Traeger. I injected it with a combo of :Cajun Seasoning,garlic powder, salt, and some black pepper. I am more than impressed. In fact my son and I are enjoying the first sandwich of it. I just got it off the grill about a 1/2 hour ago. I like cooking on the smoker because it stays so moist and doesn't dry it out. Well post some pics so we all can enjoy!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ozzyNo not that kind! Its a chub of sausage rolled out flat and stuffed with white sharp cheddar,swiss,parmesan,red,yellow and green bell peppers and onion. Wrapped in a lattice of bacon and smoked with apple wood. First one Ive ever made, wont be the last.

donefatty.jpg

I just got done trying this recipe on my smoker yesterday. Well, all I can say is WOW! It was great. This is something I will definately do again. Cooked all (most of the fat) out of it. The flavor was excellent.I think this is something that would be great as a holiday appetizer for a Christmas party or what not. The next one I do is going to be 1 1/2 to 2 pounds of sausage. It is kind of a pain to roll up but well worth it. Excellent recipe.

RTLOF(TONY)

I Just pulled one of these off the smoker today and they are WOW!! It is a pain to roll up but very well worth it!! Thanks for posting the this one up for everyone to see! The next one I do I am going to put some jalapenos in it along with the bell peppers to give it some heat.

Thanks again Ozzy.

Last edited:
Back