out of state coyote hunting in Wisconsin?

As far as I know the Furbearer Lic is for trapping any furbearers including coyote. If you are going to hunt them w/ gun/bow (or sharpened stick fasioned to a spear w/ indian feathers taken from a hawk) you only need a Small game lic. $85.00

If You search Furbearer on the WI DNR site everything is associated w/ trapping.

PS good luck, no coyotes in the SW part of the state, so don't even bother hunting down here. There is alot in Osti's area

As far as I know Originally Posted By: Furroshisssharpened stick fasioned to a spear w/ indian feathers taken from a hawk) you only need a Small game lic. $85.
and a good lawyer.
smirk.gif

Here is somthing you don't here from a male very often:

I was wrong.

Never knew there was such a lic.

Can you folks ever forgive me?

WI and MI I think are really out of line on there lic. fee. Although living in Central IL right now I am a yooper and don't get a chance to hunt with my buddies when back home. I just cant see paying that.
Here in IL it's just as bad when it comes to deer tags for non residents 400.00 or better.

Two years ago I hunted Lion in New Mexico and asked about Coyotes. My guide said I can shoot as many as I want but you can't keep any unless I had a Fur Bearers license which was $500.00. Legal to kill but not keep? That's stupid. Last year I went to Wyoming and there you don't even need a license for Yotes. If I lived in MN i'd go to the Dakotas for yotes long before I would go to WI. Especially with all the different Gun Deer seasons we have, you can pretty much only hunt at night and no hunting yotes in the norther zone during rifle season. I don't start hunting dogs here until Muzzel loader season is over.

SD is a predator/varmint license non resident 40.00 coyotes,fox,jack rabbits on this license. From Dec 1st on through Jan and into feb are good times.

Back