my newest rig for small game!! pics included(semi graphic)

crowpopper

here she is its a gamo airgun
it is the hunter extreme that gamo says does 1600 fps (a crock lol)
but it was sent out and had a match bbl installed in .22 cal then the gun was tuned up and is making big power
NY made it leagal to hunt small game with air rifles this year so
im good to go
i am going to hunt fox coon and crows and rabbits etc with this gun
i took a squirrel at 40 with it hit him in the eye and it took half his head off
at 50 yds i am getting 1 inch gps
thats a far as i will shoot it anyways
when i go out calling i bring this and i bring the 12 ga
if a yote comes i nail him with the 12 gas an heavy shot the rest i use this gun
it is very nice
as soon as i get my electronic call ill be out there and get some pics posted of the critter
SANY0091-1.jpg
here she is with a nutter shot at 40 but i left the damadge side down lol
so far ive taken 9 tree rats and 3 crows ranging from 30 -63 yards
SANY0078-1.jpg

i actually dont like gamo an their claims of ultra high velocity and shooting pigs wit a .177
but this is an england made gun (basically a BSA)
not the spain made
plus it has been fully tuned and had the match bbl on it and crap trigger reworked
i am happy with this gun and the power it puts the smack down on animals

I like air rifles, too. I have a Beeman R1 in 20 cal. I love it! Where did you get the match barrel and tuning done. I would like to know what I could do with mine if it was modified. What do you use for a scope?

kevlars

i bought it modded from a momber on an airgun forum
and it was done by rich in michigan
a well know airgun tuner
he doesnt do the match LW bbls normally for this gun but he did a favor for the guy
this gun is a hammer of an airgun the most powerful that i know of minus one guy who spend mass quantity of time and money to make one that gets 5 fpe more than this lol but his gun is a sweet rig also it is also a gamo 1250

Those Gamo Extremes/ 1250's are great springers for the money. I have two. One in .177, and another that I picked up used that was rebarreled in .22cal and tuned by Rich in Mich. My .22cal 1250 will put out a 14.3gr RWS Superdome pellet at 915fps. My .177 will shoot 9.9gr Kodiak Match pellets at 1032fps. From your pics it looks like you still have the stock Gamo trigger. Do yourself a favor and get a GRT III trigger from Charlie Da Tuna. They run about $30.00 with shipping but they really make a huge difference on any gun with the Gamo type trigger group. They are easy to install, (only about 10 minutes) but what a difference it makes on your trigger pull and accuracy.

It's great to hear that NY now allows airgun hunting. I'm hoping to bag a turkey next week out here in CA with one of my pellet guns.

Mc

i have the grt trigger in it now
i put it in last week
it is very nice indeed
and on the cp's im gettin 989 avg for 10 shots with a 6 fps spread

You won't shoot it farther than 50 yards untill you see that squirrel at 65 yards or 70. I got a 177 Gamo whisper and so far I got a few ground squirrels between 94 and 96 lasered yards, birds at 70 and many things closer.

t/c223encore.

this gun is very accurate due to having a shorter bbl than stock and it is also tuned i killed a skunk at 106 yds the other night it went in the shoulder and almost passed through i could feel it under the skin on the other side
being that is is .22 i am getting almost 11 fpe at 100 yds as where a .177 is getting 5-6
i used to love 177 the oneday i tried a .22 now i have only 22's lol

dec website
and in the regulation guide this year it lists air rifles under firearms now also
Part 180, Section 3 – Definition of Firearms

This proposed rulemaking is necessary to allow pellet rifles for some hunting.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/57971.html
http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/57976.html
http://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/2345.html

Comments will be accepted from September 16, 2009 through November 2, 2009.

Send comments to:

Gordon R. Batcheller
NYSDEC
625 Broadway
Albany, NY 12233-4754
Tel. 518-402-8924

Or e-mail comments to: Proposed Rulemaking Part 180, Section 3 – Definition of Firearms

after seeing this on an airgunning site i decided to call local encon officer
he made a call and said it is leagal as of nov 3rd its leagal need at least 800 fps gun
which is messed up i have .22 cals shooting less than that but making more power than a .177 shooting 1100 fps
but he said by next year it should be based upon FPE not FPS

yeah mine is pushin 1000
actually i shot the 14.3 cp's at 987 avg for 15 shots today

i nailed a tree rat at 67 yards
i had been shootin all mornin at 70 and decided to make some squirrel stew
well 100 yds into the woods and i see movement i put the 2nd mil on his head bam he rolls
i hit him just behind and below the ear it went down his neck and ripped up his shoulder

Back