openning day rattling

guess

Openning morning was a blast. I rattled in a lop sided 8 point 1 1/2 year old buck first. Most that know me know by now that I don't sit still long, so I moved on and tried rattling in another spot. Before I could get settled in good I saw a coyote run through the woods in front of me with his tail tucked. I could see a buck chasing him! I rattled quick and got my camera ready. Within seconds A nice 130 class 8 point was within 30 yards of me rubbing trees and making racket. I snapped a few pictures of him,but I didn't have my big lens on so they are not too good. He moved on and I rattled again and here comes the brave coyote back for more. Only got one picture of him. I moved to another spot and rattled in a young buck with his right side broke off. While I was watching him a huge buck snuck in behind me to my left! He was probably a shooter, but I didn't see him till he was sneaking off. I found a dead 2 year old 8 point from last year. It was now mid day time for lunch and a quick knap before heading back out.
This evening I saw 9 bucks one was pretty nice 120-130 class deer and one doe, but I forgot my camera! Michelle saw the big nontypical we've been watching since June. She noticed he has a drop tine that we have never been able to see from the distance we have been watching him. She said he was a little out of her range.
ooh_that_smell.jpg

8_point.jpg

8_point_2.jpg

normal_coyote.jpg

broke_antler_buck.jpg

normal_8_point_skull.jpg

Yup, Sidney and I sat out for about 4 hours this afternoon and only saw one deer in a field that I saw 25 in on Saturday morning...

Originally Posted By: cbosshog79Yup, Sidney and I sat out for about 4 hours this afternoon and only saw one deer in a field that I saw 25 in on Saturday morning...

Someone told them it was opening day. hah hah

r2

Back