almost got one this morning..

mfreeman

I was out deer hunting this morning in MN, sitting underneath a large juniper. I was getting bored and thought I was sitting in a bad spot so I started to get up when I saw 3 deer about 30 yards away from me. I got back down on one knee and tried to stop from breathing so hard when they started snorting and wheezing and took off. I started to get up again only to see a flash of gray run in behind the juniper I was sitting underneath. I look through the branches and there is a frickin coyote 20 yards away from me air-scenting. I put down some coon piss so he was probably having a hard time figuring out what he was smelling. He must have picked up my wind because he started to take off and I took a shot at him with my slug gun. I saw another 4-5 flashes of gray as the rest of the pack took off. I'm thinking now that deer had no idea I was there and left because of the coyotes instead of me...

I left the scene and am going to come back later tonight, either for a coyote or deer, whoever comes first
smile.gif
I hope we get some snow on the ground soon so I can get after these bastards.

Back