Morons behind the Gun Counter

I was in Sportsman's warehouse, they had duck hunting close in scent lok, Asked the salesman whats with this. His response was" Oh ya, latest technology, DUCKS CAN SMELL YOU"

The Bass pro that just opened has had ALOT of good ones. They sell the scope mount spot lites with colored lenses. I told a couple young men that they was illegal to use in Iowa, not sure way they would even sell them here. Then the salesman hears me and promptly tells me that that was ONLY white lites, did not pertain to COLORED lites.The 2 boy's told me this was the same salesman that had just corrected his coworker on the fact that a 17hmr was good on coyotes at MUCH farther range than 200yrds.

BUT, I have also ran into some GREAT folks on sales end of things and I am very thankful for them and target them when I am looking to purchase something.

It's not just in the gun stores. If you really know about what you're looking for you find the exact same lines of BS in computer stores, electronics car lots etc. The thing about guns is the misinformation could have tragic results. I was reading a thread on another board about a clerk telling customers he shoots smokless powder in his Encore ML and was trying to persuade them to do the same!

peace.
unloaded

ok i hope i don't step on any toes here...but if i do o well....i work at a gun shop....and i know exactly what yall are saying. But let me tell you something...you should see it from behind the counter. Everybody knows everything, no matter what you tell them your wrong. That and everyone puts finger on trigger right away...scary.

I also work the gun counter. There's more morons on the other side of the counter than mine!

This just happened yesterday...

Guy is looking at bolt rifles. The sales tag says ".243,.270, 30-06,7mm" That means the gun is available in any of those calibers. Moron promptly tells his son "Look, you can shoot lots of different stuff in this one!"

We deal with this everyday
frown.gif

Smokin 250 you do make sure that you hand them a safe weapon correct ? I have seen many that just handed the weapon to the customer without inspecting it at all . The last rifle I bought was handed to me in this manner and I removed the bolt from it and sat it down on the counter then placed the bolt back in and worked it three times, left it open and handed it back . The guy looked at me like I had a third arm growing out of my forehead . Rule #1 Always Treat The Weapon As If It Is Loaded !!!!!!

You guys are leaving out my favorite scenario, when two idiots come together from both sides of the counter. I want to buy popcorn and sit back to listen when I hear this little get together. The best part is it usually involves serious bragging about what each has done at long distances.

Originally Posted By: bigwheeler My favorite one was a guy bringing in an over and under. Asked me if
I could fix it because it missed a pheasant.

That was probably me.
Did you get it fixed yet ?

The last time I was at Cabelas, there was a father/son at the gun counter looking for the sons first deer rifle. The salesman (younger fella) behind the counter goes on how the best deer rifle ever invented is the 300WSM and his second choice would be a 325WSM. The father/son obviously didn't know much about hunting and were buying everything this guy was telling them. The kid was 11 or 12 years old and a solid 70 pounds soaking wet, and this moron is reccomending a magnum.

A little later the same guy was telling a customer that was looking at a Super Black Eagle II, how he was killing geese over 125 yards away with his SBE II and 3.5" Blackcloud shells.

i was in a shop i wont say where and they had some foriegn ammo i never heard of in 5.56X45mm i asked the guy behind the conter if he sold any and if he had any feed back on it as far as feeding and if it shoots ok in full auto weapons,it was priced good the moron behind counter says what are you going to shoot it in i told him ar-15 both semi and a converted full auto,his reply go ahead and buy them if you want to blow your guns up everybody knows ars are 223 only and that was in a real mean voice,i talked to the owner and i think he straightened it out he didnt even say he was sorry so i didnt buy anything and havnt been back there since

Originally Posted By: Va243hntrSmokin 250 you do make sure that you hand them a safe weapon correct ? I have seen many that just handed the weapon to the customer without inspecting it at all . The last rifle I bought was handed to me in this manner and I removed the bolt from it and sat it down on the counter then placed the bolt back in and worked it three times, left it open and handed it back . The guy looked at me like I had a third arm growing out of my forehead . Rule #1 Always Treat The Weapon As If It Is Loaded !!!!!!

Yes, i do this to EVERY weapon i give someone. I open slide, or bolt and look in tube to check if its unloaded. EVERY WEAPON NO EXCEPTIONS. I saw something bad happen one time somewhere that will forever make me do that when i recieve a weapon or give someone a weapon. You would believe how many people don't do that however, and automatically point it at me and have figger on trigger. Actually scares me some of the people out there that own fire arms

I like to send them looking for the gas refill for my gas operated remington 1100 shot gun. Mean, yep, but it is still fun.

Back