UGLY DRUM SMOKER

ozzy

Just like it sounds. I'm making a 55 gallon drum smoker. I went ahead and bought a new drum so I don't have to burn it out and still worry about toxic stuff. Still debating on my layout, grill heights and such. I have most of the components and should have a season burn here in about a week, a trial cook and hopefully ready for thanksgiving! Pics will follow!

Pic Tease! LMAO!
smile.gif
I got the smoker built this weekend and burned in, temps looking good, fire box needs some work, got a metal fab shop next door to mine, "good thing". I got a pork butt in the fridge ready for tomorrow. Injected with garlic and lime and swimming in oil and my special mixture of seasonings. Monday night football and BBQ! Ya thats the ticket.

Alright, I just finished it up today, still got to fix my fire box but will do for now. I have christened it the "Burnt Coyote" Heres the pics of the build. I just put a pork butt on a few minutes ago so Ill post those tomorrow.

burntcoyote.jpg

door.jpg

firebox.jpg

Looks good, Ozzy.
smile.gif
I can smell the burnt swine now.....................
..........hmmmmmmmm......burnt swine......argggggghhhh

Alright, here before and before I devour this bad boy! 5 hours in the smoker at a constant 200 degrees with a water pan. I used a mixture of mesquite and hickory.

raw.jpg

cooked.jpg

Originally Posted By: bamayote23wow that looks great! send some to me please! haha Glad ya like it. It's half devoured already. I'm on that see food diet, I see food I eat it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: youngdonNice job ozzy! That smoker looks as though it is working great.
Thanks all. Im happy so far, If anyone wants a diagram let me know.

Originally Posted By: ozzyOriginally Posted By: bamayote23wow that looks great! send some to me please! haha Glad ya like it. It's half devoured already. I'm on that see food diet, I see food I eat it.
laugh.gif

well make me one and send it for thanksgiving! cmon we can work it out! haha

That is awesome! I just found this section on the forum...I thought I'd been everywhere.

Is the valve on the side for controlling the oxygen and temperature?

If you have the diagram handy could you pm it to me? Thanks!

Back