what are you shooting

My mainstay in the early season is a Marlin Mod60, but when the squirrels go to ground, which should happen soon, I'll probably switch back to the CZ 452 Special. Neither are eye catchers, but they're both critter killers.

Nick T

Remington .22 541T topped off with a weaver 4X Rimfire scope
smile.gif

No 1 Choice Anschutz 54 Sporter
[img:center]
saturdayatchccccc.jpg
[/img]
No 2 Anschutz 1702 17HM2 in a McMillian Stock

cedar.jpg
[/img]

No 3 Anschutz 1502 17HM2
cedargap.jpg
[/img]

I carry one of my Winchester 72, my Winchester 69A, or the Marlin 81TS...I prefer the 72, but the Marlin has seen a lot of use.

Here are the 72s
72s006.jpg

Last edited:
I've been using a Winchester Model 77. It's not much to look at, but it shoots decent and the price was right.

Nice rifles and excellent shooting. I used to use my Annie 54 sporter a lot until I got my 10/22 shooting just as good. I like the 10 rnd box and the semiauto action. TnTnTn

Those are all some nice rifles. For coons i shoot a savage model 64F semi auto .22lr with open sights thats killed alot of coons, for squirrels and rabbits i use a savage model 93GV 17HMR it wears the factory simmons 3-9X40 and its a tackdriver but tears squirrels up sometimes so recently i bought a used CZ 452 lux in .22LR and it is very accurate at 50 and 100 yards on paper so it may replace the hmr. Hopefully ill post some pics of when i get out and hunt.

Franchi 48AL 20 guage anytime birds are open at the same time as small game. Or in the thickest brush.

Franchi48ALfirstkill194.jpg

cz 452 lux .22lr with subsonic HP. Use the irons with a JnP ghost ring on the rear sight. This is for rabbits anytime birds are not open and there are open areas that offer shots out to 50 yards. The long barrel helps the noise so you don't scare all the bunnies in the area.

Franchi48ALfirstkill140.jpg

Franchi48ALfirstkill125.jpg

Now this bad boy is 100 percent light transmission, ultra wide FOV since you can see around it while looking through it. As close to the bore as a sight could be. Also great with no glass to scratch so you can really crash those briars with no worries.

CZ 452 american 17hm2 w/weaver 2.5-7. I got this gun on layaway. Plan to make it my go to gun for any time longer shots are possible like , late season squirrel, jack rabbit etc.

Between those i'm all set for any small game. Maybe someday a 12 guage franchi for late season birds, pheasant,ducks, and jack rabbits.

Last edited:
Norinco(Browning copy) .22 semi auto with a fixed 4 power

20ga Browning Gold Fusion semi auto with #4,5 and #6 mixed in a 1oz load at 1265fps

Back