red fox down

MNHNTR

Ok I know its too early but the night before last I hit a red fox when it decided to try and cross in front of me and gave me no opportunity to hit the brakes. Too bad to, it was a young female and I would have much rather got her during season with my gun.

I've seen more Reds this past season & this Summer. Than I've seen in 15yrs or so. I have given them a free pass, for quite a few yrs now. As their pop is/has been mighty low.

What no pics?
wink.gif

Yep, there's a few. Got a family NE of me a couple miles, and another that's usually around SW of my place. Haven't seen those in a while, but some folks I know around there said they are still there. The only gray I ever got I picked up off the road. Had a heckuva time gettin a permit for that thing!

GJ

You said it Kirby. I too think the fox are making a comeback in Iowa. I bet I've seen between 12-15 red fox this past spring and summer. Nice to see them around and a lot of fun to watch.

Is it me or is there more possum than normal, I see them every night while they are walking along the road, and are all over in the woods in places never seen before..

I shot a beautiful red male last year and had it mounted. This year we just saw a dead one on the side of the road near a wildlife sanctuary..not sure what happened there.

Back