need help with yotes in north eastern tennersee

tazmaniac_37752

I live In the northern part of claiborne county Tennersee! Iam wanting to get into coyote hunting ! I killed 2 during turkey season! Is their any northern tennesseians or southern Kentuckyians that might be able to help! I'm useing a cd player with a mini-amp and a call speaker so i can copy and use about any sequence! As of yet i do not have any kind of a decoy! So if any of ya know where i'm talking about and know anything about hunting yotes here ( other than it's hard to do )i'd appreceiate the info!

I live in carter county Tennessee. i use a fox pro wireless caller and love it. here the old squealing rabbit works for me. about the only other thing i can tell you is to keep at it. I am sure there are other people in your area who hunt and would be glad to show you the ropes. best of luck and if your ever in the area give us a shout.

Quote:
My advice would be to not give up, they don't come very easy here in the East!! Good luck!!

He is right!!!I think the best thing for you to do is to get with someone close to you that predator hunts and go along with them....Another big tip is to stay on Predator Masters and read,read and read...Lots of info here that will help you...If there is anything I can help you with,just send me a Pm and I will help you all I can....Chad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
My advice would be to not give up, they don't come very easy here in the East!! Good luck!!

I'm proof of that.A big goose egg for me out of something like 80 or 90 stands, but I keep tryin.

Worry less about fancy calling and give the most attention to WHERE you do the calling from. We call where you call from "THE STAND" and it is the most important part of the recipe. You have to pay attention to wind and your scent stream and plan a way to get a coyote to respond to your calling without smelling you and/or kill it before it can get your scent when it tries to do so. Call where there are coyotes when you are there, add a halfway decent prey distress sound, dull/camo clothing. DON'T MOVE AROUND ON THE STAND, shoot straight, and you're set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Get one of those turkey feathers and tie some fishing string with a swivel on it and it will get their attention on this decoy.This is a great and cheap decoy . It can be tied to a sapling or on a stick in a feild.Good luck and don't get discouraged easily.You can read a lot on this site and the yotes don't come like on the videos we watch.

All good advice. I did a lot of calling before getting my first one. Still do and go home empty handed most of the time.

As others have said, read,learn and practice it in the field. Sooner or later it will happen.

Good hunting.

Srry have been busy and havent checked in an a purdy good while! blusam where at in ewing i live toward the lower end dead in the head of the hollar on machine branch! I Dl'd some calls from the net and set up some calling sequences on a CD, had um talking back, but they didnt come in or atleast i didnt seem we were hunting at night out of the back of my truck and i have found out since then that night hunting and sitting near the vehicle is not a good way to do it! imma try some other things prolly first part of next year as bow season is open rite now!Blusam if ya read this and have yahoo messenger we might be able to get together and tap-a-cap er 2 my YIM id is tazmaniac_37752!

Back