Free Missouri trapping clinic Saturday 10/24/09

doodle

There is a very experienced trapper that I know personaly who is putting on a free clinic this Saturday in Richmond Mo. The main instructor is a man named Ed Schneider. He has been trapping 30 years and has had personal instruction with the likes of Rich Thurman and Craig O'Gorman. He will do dry land trapping, another man will do water trapping, and I belive there will be a man there talking about antique traps. There will be plenty of equipment there to look at in person and the idea is for people to get to make sets right along with the instructor, so feel free to bring equipment and questions. Ed is also a top lot trapper at NAFA and will answer any fur handling questions we can come up with.

This was all put together beacause of the low number of trapping licences sold last year in Mo. Ed does alot with schools and young kids and he thought this would be a fun way to maybe get a few more trappers, and slow the "vanishing breed" syndrome infecting our pastime. Anyone is welcome. If you are a novice come and learn. If you are experienced come and ad to the education. It will be fun and a great chance to meet other trappers and callers.

The day will start around 9:00 and last untill about 3:00 it is totally free. Dinner will be a hot dog roast and all that is asked is that you bring your own dogs and soda. For more information feel free to contact me or see the add in the Richmond MO. newspaper.

Back