This morning!

justshoot

My kind of hunting! Two reds and four grays. This is a hickory grove covering close three acres. Have a seat, light up the pipe, and shoot when needed. Did see a couple that were too small to shoot. .22 PMC Zapper ammo, Remington Matchmaster, cuts holes at 50 yds. I will leave this spot alone for a couple weeks, I did see other squirrels after I max out. Happy to say all head shots. These are my first for the season.
Squirrels2.jpg

Excellent, congrat's on the peaceful day! A fellow can solve a lot of the worlds problems on a crisp October morning in the woods with a good .22 rifle in hand.

.......justshoot, I'm curious about the vintage of that Remington..I thought I knew a bit about Remmy's, but that one is throwing me a curve.

The foreend is not like any I've seen. The rear of the bolt looks like a Targetmaster, from what I can tell, and the buttplate looks to be metal, so I'm guessing about mid 50's???

Anyhow, just curious. Thanks.

Squirrels3.jpg

Today I went to a spot where the squirrels are corn fed. All was still and then the critters started moving. Pop two and this looked like another max out day. Then the farmer started cutting corn. And all got quite, mainly the squirrels. But, good anyway, now I'll take the wife for an ice cream. Some of the squirrels from yesterday became Brumswick Stew, my goodness I'm full! Todays rifle is a S45M Mossberg .22 with an orginal Mossberg scope, Federal Eagle ammo. Both head shots, buy one exited through the shoulder.
GC - Thanks, I can reflex on how insignificant almost everything I think about really is.
Savagenut - All I can tell you it is a Matchmaster 512T, yes metal buttplate. A friend gave this to me. Maybe the 40's, my friend said I was his father's.

DSCN0008.jpg

These three are for the farmer who lets me hunt here.Can I say it again? Head shots. ( as you have read my other post, can't hit a coyote )

I have the twin to that Mossberg...EXCEPT, mine is a semi-auto. It shoots like crazy. But, it is heavy with that full-length stock. I need to find a new plastic buttplate for mine. It got broken many years ago.

kevlars

Squirrels4.jpg

This morning again, I shot three, but had the right background for the photo with two. Mossberg 142A, carbine, Dynapoint Winchester ammo. Head shots,one went through the head and out behind the shoulder. Had a big doe walk up on my blind side, I didn't hear a thing, she was 40 feet away when I turned around. Lots of scrapes.

Back