2 Blade Rage = WOW

Rubenator

Killed my first deer, a doe, with the 2 blade rage and holy cow does it kill them quick! Whacked her a little high on one side, came out just about right on the other side, midway on the body. She takes off at a dead run and was dead within 10 seconds, no joke! I got to watch the whole thing because she didnt go much farther than 30 yards from the tree! I think I like them, let me whack another before I swear by them! By the way, this is not my first deer, just the first with the 2 blade RAGE!

thats what i have,but have not been able to hunt for a few days due to weird weather and wind beyond belief...thanks for the report

wtg Ruben
smile.gif

They are sweet, the cut serious holes in them. I don't like them because i have never seen them go through deer. I take that back, one deer, and it was a button buck with an x-force last year that my buddy shot. With right shopt placement they don't go far. But having a huge hole makes blood trails easier to see.

I am up to 5 deer now with the rage 2 blades. Every deer didnt run very far before falling. Leaves blood trails you could almost follow at a walking speed.

Rueben congrats on your doe
I just swithed to the Rage 2 blade from G5 Montec's I've never lost a deer with the Montec but never had very much blood either I'm looking forward to the Rage's I have the 2 blade and 3 blade now just need to connect.

I have had very good success with the 3 blades. I'm sure the 2 blades would be just as good. Everything I have shot with them has dropped within sight. Whatever you do, don't say you like them on 'Archery Talk" forums. You will get blasted there! That's what I like here, not the personal attacks like some other forums. Iv'e about had it with "Archery Talk"!

Last edited:
Some complain of no pass thru. Not as big of deal as they make it out to be. Many, many animals have been killed from an arrow that didn't pass thru. Years ago with the slower compounds and recurves pass thrus were uncommon. Others complain of the blades opening prematurley. I have never had an issue with them and will continue to shoot them. I have shot numerous game with them and they all dropped within site.

Due to a serious shoulder injury a few years ago, and multiple shoulder surgeries since then, my dad now hunts with a crossbow permit, because he can no longer pull his bow back. He uses the 3 Blade Rage Broadheads and has had very good results with them. I started using the 2 Blade Rage last season and I really like them alot.

I have heard all of those things before, but i have also heard that if you keep up with them they are fine. Keep the o-rings good you will be fine with blades not opening early

Originally Posted By: Smokin250I have heard all of those things before, but i have also heard that if you keep up with them they are fine. Keep the o-rings good you will be fine with blades not opening early

I agree. If you fiddle with them it will mess the o-rings up to where they don't hold the blades as well. I have also thought of putting a small drop of candle wax on them. I use a Alpine soft-loc quiver with the dual arrow grippers and have no problems with them opening.

Or you could stick with a tried and true fixed blade. Back in high school I tried a mech head shot one animal and never wanted to shoot a mech blade again. Granted this was 10 years ago but when both blades broke off on entry side from hitting a rib square I vowed to shoot only a giid solid fixed blade. With the blades gone all I had was a pin hole in the heart, would have had same results with a field point.

The more stuff that moves the greater the chance of a fail.

Congrats on the sucess. I also agree that pass throughs are not all that great other than they do not leave u guessing penetration. 2 years ago I shot a bull too far forwardm I broke the entry shoulder, 2 ribs, the far shoulder at the knuckle. The muzzy 125, barely looked wore.

Last edited:
Like a lot of us, we are searching for a blade that will shorten the tracking job with a nice blood trail to follow, the animal dieing within sight is a bonus. I only shot one deer with these blades so far and was impressed, now does that mean I swear by them? Nope! Not yet, time will tell. Gotta go now, headed to Schuyler county for the weekend to do some serious deer hunting, talk to ya later!

Last edited:
Just got back late last night from Schuyler county hunting 400 acres and boy was it slllooowww over there, didnt see any mature bucks, a few small bucks and some does. Buddy of mine killed a doe and thats about it, oh almost forgot to mention we did see a 2 1/2 year old buck chasing a doe on the way in early one morning so its about to break loose.

Love those Rages (3 blade ).
Congrats on the deer !

Rut is not far off now. First week of Nov. is an awsome time too be on stand in the mid-west.

Tim

Got to whack a yearling Thursday night with the Rage 2 blade. It made it about 12 yards before it fell over. When it hit her it looked like somebody poped a water balloon. Not bad for only having the broadheads for three hours. I love them now. I shot ten times at the target and took them out. She was the first deer to walk in right at dark. Would have waited for a bigger one, but need meat for the freezer. I shot her at 43 yards and it blow completely through her.

Back