BHW's Hot September Squirrel Action

bhw

Gang,

I've had fun during the first of the month pursuing squirrels. I hunt from 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM and then it's off to be with the kids! That's a Ruger 77/22 I'm shooing.

09izzy3-1.jpg

09izzy4-1.jpg

101_4492-1.jpg

09izzy1-1.jpg

09oneills-1.jpg

09stateland-1.jpg

done for now... it's almost coyote season!!

Actually, there were more, but I do not like resizing pics to fit this board. Some days, only 2 or 3 were shot. Unfortunatley, My misses are not saved for the fox and coyotes... Good Grief
smile.gif

Nonetheless, It was a banner September for me. Calm weather made for easy hunting.

Nice mess of bushy tails you've racked up. Sounds like a lot of fun.

By the way, I really like the way you set up for pictures, very nicely done. I'm coming to believe that a good hunt picture is one of the best "trophies" a guy can get from the hunt, and yours are very nice.

Tony, there are tassled-eared squirrels up in the forests. I'm not sure you can even hunt them though, and I would be reluctant to eat the stringy little critters anyway. I've often wondered if there aren't bigger tastier squirrels in the pecan orchards in the Pecos and Rio Grande valleys.

Man you must not have many red squirrels around. All I see is greys and 1 red and the red is smaller than the greys. We got a good mixture of both here but the reds are quite a bit bigger than the greys. Either way they are both good eatin and will soon be time to get after em. Josh

Back