ammo

ballistictip

down to 3 rounds of my favorite squirrel rounds, cci mini-mags so i went to pick up a new box, never thought i'd see the day when i couldnt find a box of mini-mags, checked everywhere i could think of in the county and not a box to be found, couldn't even find hp's in anything but a bulk box of federal's there was only one more box of them, if these shoot ok might get those if they are still there.

It is the same here in western colorado. I have been looking for a brick of CCI std. vel. for about 5 months without success.

looks like it's about to be shotgun time, the tree's are still full of leaves now so shotgunen now wouldn't bother me too much, but once the leaves start coming down I'm really going to want a .22

.22's have been mighty scarce for a longtime now. Other ammo seems to be trickling onto the shelves so hopefully we'll see rimfire coming in soon. Just nuts, ain't it?

i can get most common ammo now but mini mags hp walmart has round nose and fed auto match , federal lightning, and rem severals types of rem

I've been seeing a lot of rimfire ammo lately but the price sure has gone up. I'm still having trouble finding Wolf Match Target.

I can remember when I paid 50 cents for a box of .22 long rifle, and that was a day in the hay fields. Thank goodness I stocked up on ammo 5 or 6 years ago.

Justshoot, you must be just a 'baby'.... I can remember when Shorts were a quarter, Longs- .30, and Long Rifles were .35 at the local hardware store... I hauled many a bale for .02 per per bale unless I got stuck driving the truck, then it was .01...so you got underpaid...

I just picked up a brick of Centurion .22lr at a local shooting supply store... They had a case sitting on the floor, waiting to be opened and stocked (been there for three weeks) and it shoots really well out of my rifles....every bit as good a Wolf Match Extra.....

I've known the clerk for 25-30 years and had to tease him into getting off his lazy rear to open the case for me...
At $2.10 per 50, while IMHO is expensive, it's much better than buying Eley or Wolf at $7-10 per 50...especially when it shoots as accurately as the expensive stuff...

same situation here in southern CA. Luckily I have 700 rounds of cci subsonic HP, my favorite bunny buster. Maybe 200 to sight in my new CZ lux and I will have plenty for hunting. I live atleast 1.5 hours from being able to shoot rifles so I don't go through much ammo for target practice.

Its a good time to get a 17hm2 the ammo is widely available. even though its more expensive its about as much as good match ammo in a 22lr. It typicaly groups as good as 22lr with match ammo or better. It's trajectory is as flat as hmr to 100 yards.

I dont go into many guns stores around her due to the fact they are quite a bit higher than wal-mart when it comes to buying shells so I dont know about the availability there but wal-mart has been keeping the shelves pretty well stocked lately. I usaully buy the bulk packs but I see alot of cci on the shelves in the plastic containers. Where abouts you at in Missouri? If you aint to far away I could see if they are what your looking for and pick some up for you. Good hunting, Josh.

are walmarts are picking up,i bought some 22 mag shells and they were blowing up in my guns,got ahold of the factory and they hookd me up for about 5 or 6 years.

yep i can remember buying superx copper hp.22lr's for 45-50 cents a box, leads about 35cents, could even buy half a box if you needed too,usually bought a hole box of 22's but bought 5-10 shotgun shells at a time quite often, and threw trillons (seemed like it) of 2cent bales of hay, and threw several snakes too,

yep probably should have, but my rifle really seems to like mini-mags better than anything I've tried, and that's what I'm sighted in with,and when going from one box of mini's to another its usually only a click off, 2or 3 rds and I'm there. I'm off today and the winds supposed too get 30mph so I'm going to run to st. l. today was going to wait till wed. but with this wind I'll hunt wed.

Back