243AI Question

pyscodog

I got a Remmy with a Hart 1/9 twist 243AI. I've been shooting 90gr. Bergers and want to try some 105's. My main powder has been H-4350. Am I good to go with my powder or is there something better that I might use. I would really appreciate your thoughts and suggestions. The 90's are very accurate, but like to get the 105's working for some long range shooting.
pyscodog

I have had very good groups with H-414 in my 243 AI. This is built on a Sako action with a Hart barrel. Load is approx. 47 grains in my gun. No pressure signs with Lapua brass. Hope this helps.
Dave

Right now, I use 43gr. of H-4350 and a 90gr. Berger, .010 off the lands. 5 shot groups on average are in the .2's and .3's at 100 yards. FPS is unknown at this time as I don't have a chrony and haven't had a chance to borrow my friends. Accuracy is outstanding, even at 200yds. Just thought I would try some heavy weights and see if I can stretch the old girl out there a ways. The barrel is just getting broke in,just broke about 250 round count. Figure its about time to let it stretch it legs and see if I can't make it smoke!!

Back