Broadhead Target?

yoteslayer77

Whats a good one worth the cash? I cant hardly find one with positive reviews on cabelas or bass pro. I need to get one soon, any help would be appreiciated. Thanks.

Ive been told that the bone collector targets are good, there at Bass Pro. That or a bail of hay, put some plywood on all four edges and band it with steel straping real tight.

I have a commercial 4x4 Block target that will easily stop my crossbow bolts at 340fps with broadheads... it's actually 4'x4'! LOL

I got it for $150($600 retail)when a local range was selling off their outdoor archery stuff. I need a big target sometimes!

A bale of straw will stop an arrow with a broadhead but not consistantly. You can count on it also ruining some of your broadheads. If you hang a sheet of rubber conveyor belt behind a bale about 12" it will stop any passthrus.

I've also seen the "Yellowjacket" targets used and backed with the belting and since they don't have the wire or metal banding that gives a better chance of saving your arrows and broadheads.

We have a local glass company here that uses 24"x5/8" belting for moving crushed glass... they throw it away in 300ft rolls when it gets damaged!!!

I just don't think there is a cheap solution.

Nikonut

i have had a yellow jacket broadhead target for about three years now. i only shoot it about two weeks straight before the season and only broadheads(dont shoot feild points into these targets they are a son of a gun to get out).broadheaads on the other hand come right out.

i'd say its about time for a new one. every 7 or 8 arrows one will pass through. but it was well worth the money and will gladly buy another

Zach

I love the Yellow Jacket target. It is a target intended for broadheads only, and sucks down hard on the field points, as said above. I found, though, that if I use some arrow lube on the shafts every so often, even field points come out with minimal effort. Also, the Yellow Jacket is usually less expensive than the block or black hole targets.

I also had a Wally World $18 special that worked okay. It only lasted a year, but so did the $60 Black Hole target I had.

I have done the hay bale thing but got tired of the hassle/mess so I bought the block 4x4 and it's holding up good.
No chunks of foam coming out of it after 5 years of use with field points and broadheads.

I also use the 4x4 block, however, I store in indoors, and I only use it for broadheads, and I don't shoot it a lot, when compared to how much I shoot field points into my 3-d's. SO, this target may last me a decade at the rate I am shooting it, which I guess isn't much of a good test to how it holds up. For what it's worth. The arrows do pull out easily, not one finger as was advertised, but easier than any of my 3d's, that's for sure.

Originally Posted By: BMoerhinehart 18-1 target.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. Picking up a Rhinehart 18-1 tomorrow. I havnt read anything bad about them yet. Sounds like an awesome broadhead target.

Back