Part1 25-06 question

crapshoot

I am looking for a new bullet to use for big game. Currently I have been using the speer 100gr HP. The hole in the end of that bullet is about the size of an ash tray and the bullet tends to frag on impact although the performance up to this point has worked on 2 antelope. I would like something that stays together a little better and possibly give better accuracy.

See part 2 and 3 of this question for more info.
Part 2
Part 3

I would try the 90gr Sierra Gameking. They were accurate in a 257 Roberts and the only bullet I could get to shoot halfway decent in a 25WSSM and I loaded them in one 25-06 and they shot great.I loaded the 25-06 with the new Reloader 17 and was very pleased with the speed and accuracy. These were family members guns and they have only killed a few hogs and whitetail does so far.

I have shot Sierra 100 grain flatbase spitzers for over 30 years and have had great accuracy and they hold together. I've tried many different weights and configurations, but always come back to this bullet. I find that from 51 to 53 grains of IMR4350 works well. Good luck

In 100 grain bullets loading for antelope and deer my choice would be Sierra Game King (BT), Sierra Pro Hunter (FB), and the proven Nosler Partition.

110 grain AccuBond

115 grain Berger

110 accu bonds best big game bullet made for 25-06 IMO. The go to powder is IMR 4350 I know a few that shoot this bullet and this powder just seems to make sub inch groups in all of their guns. I have shot deer out to 450 and antelope to 530 and they all just drop like a wet sack. They are quite the bullet and cheaper than partitions.

120 gr Hornady HP Innerlock. I called Hornady about this bullet. They said they designed it for the 257 Wetherby Magnun. It's a tough bullet, the guys at Hornady advised not to hesitate to shoot an elk through the shoulders at under 50 yards with a 25-06 and this bullet.

....the old 120grn nosler solid base...i scrounged up 3 boxs...otherwise, if penatration is ur desire,try any new bonded bullet,partition or barnes as previously mentioned.

I use 115 Gr Nosler Ballistic tips with Hodgdon 1000 Powder, great round very accurate and very potent. The scope is fine if it works and you are satisfied with it.

+1 on the 110 accubonds over imr 4350. So far every one has passed through and taken 3 antelope and 3 deer out to distance of 340 yards.

Glad to see as that will my new deer round with the 110 Accubond in the 25-06. I shot the 140's in a 7MM for years & like them in that as well. I worked up a load for my new Tikka with them an shot some .6 groups with them, very impressed with accuracy at the range. I'm using RL22 as well but tried the 4350 and both shot well.

This must be the Pulp Fiction of posts.

Like DKA1---I like the 115gr Nosler Ballistic Tip Hunting bullet. A really good ballistic coefficient, with a construction that will hold together.

Antelope are such small, thin skinned, game that I'd say it's hard to judge general bullet performance based on only shooting antelope.

Back