varget/benchmark

Unloaded, I've used VV powders for years in my handguns with varying degrees of success as far as cleanliness..

I started out with 3N37 on the advice of one of my shooting buddies for "match" loads where power factor was not an issue and quickly moved up to the N-330 due to the amount of residue left in the actions...looked like 'unburned' powder granules..

The N-330 works for all my 9mm, .40s, and 10mms equally well and I'm now switching over to the Ramshot Silhouette as it will cover all three as well and is cheaper, easier to find locally, and, at least in my rifles, burns cleaner..we'll see about the handguns..

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunBold statement from someone who has at least 30 different powders on hand and uses them all. TAC burns cleaner than ANY of the afforementioned powders. PERIOD. Don't ever start confusing me for one of the general public.........
grin.gif

Maybe you've been burning too much powder, everybody is part of the "general public". Unless you are a legend in your own mind that is..................
grin.gif

We all clean our firearms right? I like varget in my 223, we have all tryed different primers, powder, and soforth. I say use the powder that gives the best accuracy for your gun. regardles of what you use your going to have to clean that gun. What about copper fouling, its has as much if not more to do with your firearms accuracy as powder fouling. different strokes for different folks i guess.

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunI have used all of the above. I just picked up 8 lbs. of TAC for my AR-15 a while back for the specific reason that it burns cleaner than ALL of them........

Please make a posting about your TAC results with the 223.
I have a bunch of loads worked up for the 223, but haven't shot them yet.
I did shoot some 222 Mag loads using TAC with a couple of excellent groups.
Gotta love the way it meters thru the measure.

Copper fouling has all but been eliminated by the Ultra Bore Coat. Combine that with TAC, and you have one clean runnin' AR machine..........

Originally Posted By: bluealteredNo, no ones afraid to clean their guns. We are simply talking about different powders, so chill. blue
anyone needs chillin it's you

Last edited:
i think all powders start to burn cleaner the closer you get to max pressure..... some burn clean before you get to max pressure...

PS I love TAC.....

R

Back