AA2230?????

philip

Anyone here use AA2230???????

How temp. sensetive is it??????

Lot to lot consistency??????

I`m thinking about giving it a go in my 6mmbr with 55gr. pills, people are telling me it`s VERY accurate in thier rifles, and fast too.........

Every time you get a different lot# of powder from any manufacturer, you need to re-verify your load.

For example, N-133 is supposed to be top drawer in quality. I worked up a load for my 223 AI with it, bought another two pound bottle, and load was so hot with the second bottle, I pierced the primer and ruined my two oz trigger.

My friend in Salt Lake shoots the 55's in his 6 BR with 35.0g of AA2230 and I shoot 34.0...different lots, differnt barrels, etc.

I have also worked up loads with the 65 and 70-75g Bullets with it also with excellent accuracy.

As far as temp sensitivity, you will have to use your best judgment for your area and find out for yourself.

I can tell you that the speeds with this powder with all bullets are way above H322 and Benchmark.

When I was shooting benchrest matches, we loaded at the range so that we could load more powder in the cold mornings and less in the heat of the day. N-133, Norma 201, H322 dominate matches with the 6PPC, and those powders are among the best in being "temp sensitive".

I used AA2230 for years in a 22/250 34-35 grains depending on 40 or 50 grain bullets) hunting groundhogs in hot and humid Northwest Ohio. This includes teps of 95 degrees F...

This powder handles the high temperatures well, however, I always limit my loads in all calibers to a maximum of 1 grain BELOW the average of the maximum of several respective loading manuals...
And, don't leave loaded cartridges on the dashboard or seat of my truck, etc.
AA 2230 is great in the .223, also, will likely do well in your 6mm...start at 10% below the midrange of manual loads and work up....

AA2230 was designed for the .223/5.56 so it is appropriate for things in that class. I use it in my Kimber 84M .204 Ruger with very good results.

I bought a pound several months back. When I shot it in a heavy barreled AR-15 it was substantially more accurate than the loads I had used before in this rifle. I had used IMR 4198 and H332 loads in this particular rifle and I wasn't impressed with the accuracy. haven't compared groups in my other 223's.
Harvey7

Interesting that you think 2230 is faster than Benchmark in any bullet weight. I tried 2230, x-terminator, benchmark, and two others that I can't recall for my .223 shooting 40 grains and found 2230 to be around 150 fps slower than all others.

Different guns I guess.

Originally Posted By: fireguytyInteresting that you think 2230 is faster than Benchmark in any bullet weight. I tried 2230, x-terminator, benchmark, and two others that I can't recall for my .223 shooting 40 grains and found 2230 to be around 150 fps slower than all others.

Different guns I guess.

AA2230 and X-Terminator are the same powder......
I got that straight from the company that bought Accurate Arms.

You won't find a better powder for the 223/5.56 round than with A2230 in my opinion. The stuff meters like a dream and is consistent in all my experiences with it. I run near max with it (26 grs) in my AR's.

Phillip, I use AA2230 in 223, 19-223, 204R and 20TAC. I really like it in the 20TAC. I've tried in the 20VT with mixed results.

Somebody had a BIG sale on 1# jugs two years ago and I bought 20#. So I'm set for a while.

Back