NEW Bowhunting forum!!!

Nikonut

Welcome to the new PredatorMasters Bowhunting Forum.

I'd like to introduce your new lead Moderator David Stroud, better known by most as "Venatic".

David has been an avid bowhunter for too many years to count and has often led the way in our sport, taking coyotes with his bow before even trying with a rifle. David brings a wealth of knowledge into this forum and will no doubt help others enjoy archery as much as he does. Welcome David!

Here's what Venatic has to say about himself, "I have archery hunted with longbows, recurves and compound bows since 1978. I was the President of the Mississippi Bowhunters Association representing 40,000 bowhunters. Back at that time I also was a Bowhunter Education Instructor and an avid bowfisherman.
Once I moved to Texas the kids were getting into sports big time so I slowed down on some of the extracurricular activities but have continued to be an avid bowhunter. Heck the first few coyotes I called up were taken with a bow but then I got serious.
I shoot a Hoyt bow, well at least this week."

And I'm Tom Ciambella, "Nikonut", you mostly know me from the Custom Callmaker's forum and the HOB's. Might be hard to believe but I actually hunt, too! I'm here to help David get this forum rolling!

I've been a bow hunter for over 40years. I've hunted deer and other smaller game with recurve bows back before there were compounds, moved to compounds like most everyone and now hunt with a Parker "Classic" crossbow due to a shoulder disability. Many of us here are eager to know about the accomplishments and methods of our members that shoot sticks with strings so let's have some fun!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

A special thanks to Jeff Mock and Stu Farish in setting this up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm reserving this post for David to say something! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks Tom for your help and for agreeing to help moderate this newest forum. When I saw the idea of adding a bowhunting forum being discussed by the Board I was like the kid on the front row of 1st grade when the teacher finally asked a question I knew the answer to..ooh..ooh pick me, pick me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif After no one else raised their hands they relunctantly agreed to turn me loose with Tom's oversight of course. I have been noticing a few posts here just recently on bowhunting so the timing is perfect as Predator Masters continues to improve and set lofty goals for the future.Bowhunters tend to be some of the most dedicated and serious hunters and relish the extra challenge that it presents.This site has an abundance of the very knowledgable and experienced folks so I think we are going to be surprised at how many bowhunters we have.
Tom and I are here if you need us but this is your forum so lets have some fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
Thanks
David Stroud
Venatic

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about time we got a Bowhunting Forum! I couldn't imagine two better Mods for it either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I'm interested in reading more Bowhunting for Predator stories, as I will be booking some Bow Hunt Only coyote hunts this year. I've set aside some highly productive land just for the stick and string.

Tony

It is good to see a Bowhunting forum! I look forward to reading all the stories and seeing all the photo's!

Archery hunts are always exciting to read about due to the "up close" nature of the sport!

Bring on the STORIES & PICS!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Great going all of you guys!!!

One question Tom: You mentioned that you have been bowhunting for over 40 years. How did you manage to begin bowhunting five + years before you were born!!?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You guys SUCK !

Ya'll are gonna make me get back into archery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I competed in my High School archery team(betcha never heard of one of those) and practiced for 30 minutes every day until I was about 30 years old. I got out of the sport when my nephew started getting interested in it but didn't have the money to buy equipment, so I gave him all my gear.

Ya'll are gonna cost me a lot of money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Chupa

Thanks to those who put this together. A bowhunting forum on this site has been a long time going. Maybe we can get a bowhunting only picture thread going and pinned to the top.

Quote:
You guys SUCK !

Ya'll are gonna make me get back into archery /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif I competed in my High School archery team(betcha never heard of one of those) and practiced for 30 minutes every day until I was about 30 years old. I got out of the sport when my nephew started getting interested in it but didn't have the money to buy equipment, so I gave him all my gear.

Ya'll are gonna cost me a lot of money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Chupa

Just gonna have get to work on them calls to fund another addiction! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I just started myself about 10 months ago. Just been to darn hot last couple of months and I dont want to shoot indoors, Reminds me of a cage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Quote:
One question Tom: You mentioned that you have been bowhunting for over 40 years. How did you manage to begin bowhunting five + years before you were born!!??

Matt, I know I look like a young pup but I was born a very long time ago! I graduated from High School in 1971! LOL

My first hunting bow was a limb cut from an ash tree that a tornado blew down in my Grandma's back yard. My Uncle Bill and I carved on that thing for days! There weren't many rabbits, coons or possums that got away from that "Stick"! Sure wish I still had that one, thinking about my Uncle Bill still holds lots of good memories for this old City Boy!

The upclose encounters and the memories are probably the best things about hunting with a bow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:

There weren't many rabbits, coons or possums that got away from that "Stick"!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The rabbits have just come back to any real population at all within the last 3 years, because I practically eradicated them with my Bow when I was back in High School. That was 15 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Of course back then I knew everything about conservation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Chupa

Many thanks to those that have assembled a Bowhunting forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I've been bowhunting for many years, have shot many different types of animals/fish/frogs/turtles with a bow and enjoy 3-D archery as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I shot my first coyote, ever, with a bow. While in a treestand, deer hunting, a coyote happened by and stopped long enough for me to get a shot on him. It was a 12 yard shot, through the lung/liver section with a 4 blade Steel Force broadhead and he still ran approx. 100 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif A male that weighed an even 40 lbs.
1st Coyote

As thrilling as it was, I use a rifle or shotgun for intentional coyote hunting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

I look forward to participating in the new forum. I've bow hunted for over 45 years+ shooting both long bows & recurves of which I have about 30! So this new forum has my interest!

Back