5 days and counting.

NdIndy

5 days until the 1st official bow hunting season, antelope. I got back into archery last year and spent a month chasing goats around and only got within shooting range once, and got busted in mid draw. I stalked within 70 yards over and over again, but couldn't close the last 20. I had a slightly different conversation with one of the bucks I'd chased for a month once rifle season opened up. 247 yards by laser, much easier.
DSCF2068-1-1.jpg

Hoping for better this year, but mainly just looking forward to it. I've been in a hunting mood for months now for some reason.

After that bear, then into elk and deer season. I'm banking on 2 for 2 antelope including my wifes first ever hunt, at least 1 for 2 for deer and hoping like [beeep] for bear and elk. I'd go 2 for 2 on deer, but there's a monster buck where I hunt and I'll hold out for him. I picked up a doe tag this year though, make sure there some meat in the freezer.

NdIndy,
Congradulations on your pronghorn!
smile.gif

I wish you all the best on your upcoming seasons!
I'm envious of you guys in the west, with all those big game critters running around...just waiting on an arrow through the ribs.
laugh.gif
My wife and I wished we lived in southern CO. or northern Az. or NM. Maybe one of these days.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

Heck Ya!!

I got me a buck tag, and two additional doe/fawn tags, I'll be in the blind come early Sat. morning with some sharp sticks and a camera!!! Wyoming ROCKS!!!

We will be heading thru Friday morning on the way to the "massacre on the flatland". There will be some lil doe lives lost.None of us drew a buck. I look forward the most to hunting goats with a bow every year, probably more then anything we do. I can't friggin' wait!!
I do have a bone to pick with your G&F about the "purchasing a PP" crap I bought one in July to go into the draw with 1 pt then find out its not even going on my total until November this year.SO I will have 2 point next draw. It takes 1 point to draw so I wasted 30 bucks.

Boy our trip SUCKED! A buck came in at 7 am, 80 yards from the blind with an arrow stuck out of his neck. He laid down there for awhile. The kid came down to try an get closer too shoot him again. I tryed to head him back towards them. The goat headed towards our 80 goat core group we were hunting. I told the guy how to get up on top of a high ridge to watch him, not pressure him and no screw up our hunt. An hour later the same kid and one of his buddys tried to do a combined stalk on him. Tottaly screwed us up,didn't get his buck and ran our goats completely out of the country. We headed back to the camper, then the skys opened up and the wind started. It DUMPED rain both Friday and Saturday night, we hunted part of the day today and came home.
The guys buck was still alive and milling around on an expansive flat this morning. So I guess he never did get him. If the guys read this THANKS! for screwing up our weekend because of your mistake. We will be back next weekend and give them another try.

moseley got his goat this morning they are still out trying to get sorefeet[mike] his goat.
i haven't seen it yet.
i had to stay home and do all my camo up and get all my gear together for elk season.
i got enough camo washed up i shouldn't have to do it again tell next year.
all my knives are sharpend and the broad heads could split hairs. camp is gathered but i may need a semi to truck it all up the mountain.
you will know my camp just look for the small tent city with only two guys living in it. [three if kerry makes it].
oh yeah make sure you use your broad head wrench or you could spring a leak like i did.

Last edited:
Back