Choice of releases

ozzy

So whats the choice of releases? I started out with a Tru-Ball Stinger wrist release, I now shoot a Tru-Ball Chappy Boss. This is a Back-Tension release.

i shoot the same release as you.
i made a strap to hang it from my wrist today.
i was getting pritty good at quick drawing it out of my back pocket.
i just started shooting a release this year and the wrist releases were uncomfortable to me.
the back tention release made it like drawing with fingers.
{oops i guess mine is a trail boss}

Last edited:
I 2nd the Scott little goose. My wife and I both shoot one. It's a great little release I've been useing the same one for many years now with no problem what so ever!

Trufire w/velcro strap
Older fletch hunter for back-up.

Been looking at a Winn loop hook release with the idea to relieve some tension off the wrist.

I have a Carter Atension, Stan Eagle, and Scott Sabertooth. I switch around on targets in order to keep the backtension feel up, but for hunting, it's the Sabertooth.

Carter big kid 3-d with hole for 3-d's and either a carter big kid or chocolate lite for hunting. Also have a couple of carter lock jaws if I'm doing alot of still hunting. I have had both of the big kids for over 20yrs and have had zero problems with either one. I have tried other releases on the marked but keep going back to the carter.

Back