Doing My Part

Bill B.

So one of my wife's nephews showed up at my house on Saturday wanting to talk handguns. He just turned 21 in May and graduated college the same month. I took him out and showed him my meager collection of handguns and we had a long discussion on what he wanted and the safety implications for each.

Off to the gunshops we go. Being it was his first handgun purchase he decided to go with a 9mm Ruger. Not a cheap gun but not an expensive one either. No time to shoot on Saturday so off we went on Sunday. I brought along my Ruger 22/45, Springfield XD .45, and Ruger .44 mag to let him shoot some other guns than just his.

All in all he did pretty well. Didn't do so well with the SuperBlackHawk, but he's a novice with handguns so I wasn't suprised. I stressed over and over the two main things he should be concerned with were safety and practice. Hopefully some of it stuck.

Bill there need to be more people like you. When someone has an interest in guns we need to do all we can to give them a good solid foundation so their interest continues to grow.

Good deal, just gotta hook him up with the N.R.A. now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back