1- Quart of Orange juice

3- Cups of Kosher Salt

½ cup of Brown Sugar

1 tablespoon of nutmeg

10 whole cloves

1- GALLON ICE WATER

1- 5 gallon bucket

1- Meat Thermometer

Combine juices, salt, sugar, nutmeg and cloves and bring to a boil over MEDIUM heat.

**Simmer for 15-20 minutes, (this will allow the salt and sugar to completely dissolve).

**Remove from heat; add 1-Gallon of ICE WATER to cool brine solution.

**Place the turkey in a clean 5 gallon bucket, breast first, and pour the brine over the bird, completely covering the bird, and cover the bucket.

(There should be enough brine to completely submerge the bird, if not, add a bit more water until the bird is completely covered.)

**Place the bucket in the refrigerator for 24 to 36 hours.

**Upon removing the bird, pat dry with a paper towel.

**Lightly coat the entire bird with a thin coat of olive oil.

**Cook bird as you normally do..Smoke it, Bake it, Roast it etc..

**There is NO NEED to apply any seasoning to the exterior of the turkey as the brine solution has sufficiently seasoned the turkey both inside and out.

**I HIGHLEY recommend a meat thermometer for the bird. Place thermometer into the thickest portion of the breast. Once your thermometer reads 180 degrees, your bird is done.

**Once you remove the bird from your heat source, allow bird to stand for 30 minutes before carving. The will allow the meat to relax and will result in a much juicier bird.

I have given this recipie to numerous people who have all said it made for the best bird they've ever had.

I smoke my Turkey's, and they always come out unbeliebaly moist and tender, and full of flavor!

I will usually put the bird into the brine on Tuesday evening, and remove it and cook it Thursday morning.

You'll love it...I guarentee it!

I making a UDS.. Ugly Drum Smoker and will have it ready for the "BIG BIRD" on game day! Pics should follow this week.

In the mix a few hours ago. Gonna use all apple wood. Pics will follow, might be missing a wing!
smile.gif

Back