Chile Verde

ozzy

Heres my recipe for chile verde. This has to be my all time favorite dish, whenever I go to a mexican restaurant this is my order. I start out with 5-6 pounds of pork shoulder. Coat it well in garlic powder and cook in oven until internal temp about 150-160 degrees. Let cool and debone and remove as much as fat as possible. While the pork is cooking, in a 12 qt. stock pot, I put 1- 7 oz. can of Herdez Salsa Verde, 1 -28 oz. can of green chile enchilada sauce, 5-6 cloves of garlic minced, 2 large white onions chopped, 5 pounds of peeled bite size potatoes, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano, kosher salt and pepper. Then in a blender I add 5-6 anaheim chilis, 2 jalapeno peppers and 4-28 oz. cans of tomatillos. Drain the tomatillos and check for the outer skin, remove if found. Not all will have them. blend until smooth and add to stock pot. Do not boil, just bring to a low simmer so the onions and potatoes get soft. When that is ready add the pork and simmer until the pork is fork tender. Get yourself a bowl full with some fresh cilantro and some corn tortillas and enjoy. After a cold day of hunting or fishing nothing hits the spot like this. I always make a big pot full, it freezes pretty well. Some make it without potatoes, personally I like potatoes in mine. OLAY!

cannedgoods.jpg

chileverde.jpg

Back