RAGE 3-Blade

Kenawell1

Not sure if this should go under "bowhunting" or wanted ad.

I need some Rage 3 blade 100 grn. I want new W/ practice tip.
I am willing to trade hunting/shooting items please help out I need them fast! I am in PA.

Normally this should probably go in the "Classifieds" but I'm going to let this one ride.

Let's all try to help each other when we can...

Nikonut

Ebay has a bunch starting at $40/pack. Not the cheapest broadhead ever I've seen. Are they what your sited for, or any reason those are the ones to have?

just got rid of six 3 blade rages, the ones I had and shot didn't seem to hold up in the Block target i shot them in. Not sure about the 2 blade model. The blades fell off and the body bent and it's just foam?

My neighbor just threw some of them 3 blades away. He shot a nice 12 last year on video with those. It looked like a great shot and left one heck of a blood trail. We tracked it for two days almost 3 miles and the blood trail just dried up and never found the deer.

well i liked that the 3 blade carries more kinetic energy and more of a cutting surface.
I have a bud who uses the 2 blade and he states that it dont matter if ya hit em bad it will still puttem down fairly quickly.

Now im stumped!!

How do they carry more KE? Only if they weigh more. Less blades will equate to better penetration.

Not try'n to be an a$$ but I really like your friends statement ".... doen't matter if you hit them bad it will still put them down...."

Get the 2 blade. I've mostly heard good things about them.

b moe, i thought I seen that the company stated about the kinetic energy being better with the 3 blade, regardless I heard nothinig bad about them till now so i think im going to get the 2 blade and call it done.

The first run of rage broadheads 2 & 3 blade had some issues. Those troubles have been worked out. Rage really excell on marginal hits like single lung and gut shot deer.

I believe they are the best mech head going.

"put'em down "

Originally Posted By: RutRoeMy neighbor just threw some of them 3 blades away. He shot a nice 12 last year on video with those. It looked like a great shot and left one heck of a blood trail. We tracked it for two days almost 3 miles and the blood trail just dried up and never found the deer.

It might have looked good , but there is no way it was. Even deer shot in the lungs with a field point will die rather quickly. Don't ask how I know this !lol

Sucks he lost the deer , but it was not just a broadhead issue.

Tim

I liked the performance of the 3 blade but absolutely loved the two blade. Try both and see what you like but I love the two . sorry ...... ebay !

Me personally have never had luck with the 2 0r 3 blade rages,Stick with a tried and true slayer go muzzy made a mistake a couple and tried the latest rage on the market and each and every single time I always went back to muzzy.That's just my 2 cents worth for what it matters.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Muzzy's.

I shoot the Montec G5's and like them for their one piece design. Keeping them super sharp isn't a real issue for coyotes and a quick dressing with a sharping stone will get them ready for deer as well. Someday I may try the mechanicals just haven't seen the need yet.

Nikonut

My choice also has been the g5 montec's I have had nothing but good luck with the montec's but. The new ones called strikers i think you can change the blades are terrible. I bought them and lost a deer that I know I Slamed .
I just talked to my buddy that used to use the montec's and he went to the 2 blade rages , He said he has 6 montec's he will give me to go along with the 4 I have. I also bought the G5 broadhead sharpener, Works great!
I like fixed blade the most, No fool en around with rubber bands,slipcams and so on.
I have waited 3 years and i made my mind up No rages yet for me!

Back