Nikon Coyote Scope

If they placed a German #4 Dot in the center of the main circle, which like the Leupolds covers 9/10ths of an inch at 100 yards. I would buy two of them today.

I emailed Jon LaCorte, Product Marketing Manager for Nikon, a while back when this thread first got underway.

He said an aiming dot would have required etched glass, and would have driven up the cost too much.

Unfortunately...

I just got the latest issue of Predator Extreme Mag in the mail yesterday and Nikon had a big ad for this scope in there and they also had this scope on 3 rifles they tested.

I would think soon we would start to see more guys try this scope out and give their opinion.

I am trying to get into predator hunting. Might I say that a 3 power scope set on low should be more than a low enough setting. I see where guys talked about predators 10 feet away and need a 1 power. Please don't take this the wrong way. But if you can't hit a pop can at 10 feet by just pointing your barrel at it,you need more than a scope on your gun.You should be able to hit a paper plate at 20 feet just by pointing the barrel again at it. Also I read many will take 2 guns in to the field with them. One be a shotgun. Again I don't see the need for under a 3 power scope. Yes. I am new to predator hunting but I am not new being around guns and scope.

Last edited:
Everybody has different needs based on their own hunting and shooting experiences.

The point shooting you speak of is a shooting discipline based on iron sights, and was not intended for a scoped rifle. If it works for you that's great, but it won't work for everyone.

Also, there are a lot of great hunters out there who take two guns afield. It's just a matter of personal preference.

Because they put your scope way too high for a good cheek weld on the stock and and make it uncomfortable to shoot with the scope.Personally most of my scopes start at 4X and I have not had any problems.

Originally Posted By: venaticBecause they put your scope way too high for a good cheek weld on the stock and and make it uncomfortable to shoot with the scope.Personally most of my scopes start at 4X and I have not had any problems.

Yes, I know about the cheek with see thru mounts. I guess for now everyone has to live with what is out there or adapt to new ways of close range shooting without useing a scope. Are lazer sites legal for any states?

Back