Bow hunting Icons

Tim Neitzke

Who have you got to meet in the pro bowhunting world ??
Got to spend 2 bear hunts with Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Got lucky and seen Chuck Adams at Cabelas ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif And last but not least our very own David Stroud ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well I can tell you I ain't no Icon maybe if you dropped the I off Icon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I have got to meet some folks over the years that were legends of the sport of Bowhunting and some that were just legends in their own minds and were just trying to make a quick buck. I won't name the imitators but some that i thought were genuine ambassadors of the sport that some may know others you might not such as Billy Ellis who has bowhunted all over the world and was on the Board of both B&C club and the P&Y club and was recommended by Fred Bear to those organizations. I met Judd Cooney who most know from Predator Extreme magazine but I remember him from his writings in Bowhunter and met him at The PM Globe hunt two years ago.Fred Bear many years ago at a Bowhunter Jamboree and shot in a 3D shoot with Gene Wenzel who is one funny guy.All these people I met thru the Mississippi Bowhunters Association when I lived there.Some of the Primos guys you see in the videos I knew when they were getting into bowhunting. I think I am aging myself here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Ted Nugent, he opened for KISS here a few years ago. I was back stage and said a quick howdy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Some of the guys that I got to sit down and talk to for more that 10min and pick their brains were as follow. Tom Jennings,Jim Dougherty, Ted Nugent, And Byron Furguson. I got to talk to Tom for about 2 1/2 hours in KC at the NFAA indoor shoot about 20yrs ago. The thing that will always stand out with was I asked him if you were to start out a person shooting would you teach them to shoot fingers or release. He held up his three fingers and said "Start them on a release then they won't end up with fingers like mine." Talked to Ted for about 3 hrs one night at the archery shop that I worked at in SD. We talked about predator hunting and bowhunting. When it was time to close up shop he got up and walked out and on the way out the door he told the guy behind the counter he would see him at 5:eek:oam right Scott. And Scott yep see you at 5 Ted. After he left I asked Scott if that was Ted Nugent and he said yes you have been talking to Ted for about 3 hrs. He didn't look like a rock star. He looked just like anyother joe bowhunter. I could go on with the others but they are about the same. Didn't care who they were got them out of the crowd and talked to them one on one and what great memories and all were very down to earth people.

David,
Ok maybe not an Icon, but you make a dang good guide ! Hope to share the brush with you again.! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Judd Cooney is a [beeep] of a bow hunter , and a true bow hunting icon

he is my list and uncle Ted ant on it .. he is a icon in his own mined .

sorry for the spelling of the names of my icons list

1, Mr Fred Bear
2, Bob Foulkrod
3, Noel Feathers
4, Dan Fitzgerald

i have met them all (but fred bear ) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gifat one time or another ,true bow hunters

Last edited:
Wasn't Noel Feathers busted for poaching a whitetail? I heard all of his records were ousted from the P&Y and B&C record books...one shady dude.

Last edited:
At least Uncle Ted aint no poacher, they wouldnt allow one on the board of the N.R.A.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ozzyAt least Uncle Ted aint no poacher, they wouldnt allow one on the board of the N.R.A.
wink.gif

No he's no poacher. Why should he when he has unlimited $$ and high fences!

He is good for the hunting and shooting world in his own way ! Tells it like it is .

Originally Posted By: ozzyP.S. Ted dont endorse products either, neither would I. If he does correct me.
smile.gif
JMHO

Your kidding right !

Uncle Ted is the Billy Mayes (sp)of the sporting world. LOL

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: ozzyP.S. Ted dont endorse products either, neither would I. If he does correct me.
smile.gif
JMHO

Your kidding right !

Uncle Ted is the Billy Mayes (sp)of the sporting world. LOL Like I said enlighten me. I'm not saying right or wrong, post some articles or something to the fact. Now I think he endorsed something years ago but it weighed on his conscience. JMHO

Ted has a 30 min outdoor show that has 25 min of adds on it .

kina runs like this

He starts every show off with shooting something in a high fence area, that takes all of 4 min .
Then he has adds for the next 15 min.
Then he tells you how he shared a camp fires with Fred Bear just after he finish his Navy seal training that he did right after he got done a drug bust with the sheriff department witch he was also the first officer though the door .

cant do all that in France.!

then he ends the show with the recovery of the critter he shot in the beginning of the show and the same time there are all hid advertisers credits running on the TV screen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GEORGE ACKLEYTed has a 30 min outdoor show that has 25 min of adds on it .

kina runs like this

He starts every show off with shooting something in a high fence area, that takes all of 4 min .
Then he has adds for the next 15 min.
Then he tells you how he shared a camp fires with Fred Bear just after he finish his Navy seal training that he did right after he got done a drug bust with the sheriff department witch he was also the first officer though the door .

cant do all that in France.!

then he ends the show with the recovery of the critter he shot in the beginning of the show and the same time there are all hid advertisers credits running on the TV screen.

Do you have a DIRECT link with show section? I would love to see him going through the door on a drug raid!

Back