What's your broadhead of choice?

bowhunter57

One thing to keep in mind with archery, is this simple philosophy:
"Archery is full of personal choices and that's what attracts so many to it." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I prefer fixed blade broadheads, but there are some very good mechanical broadheads out there too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'm going to give some Slick Trick broadheads a try this fall.

What's going to be riding on the tip of your hunting arrows for deer season, this fall?

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

The same broadhead that has sliced the air in front of my arrows for the last decade Muzzy 100 GR 3 blade it has worked for me for years so why change

Muzzy three blade 100 gr for me also,I made the mistake of switching last year went to the G5 tekkan II expandable's and was not pleased with the results So I promised myself to never change again how does the old saying go If it ain't broke don't fix it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vortex Mini-Max Steel 100 grain Solids
minimax_steel100grainsolid1.jpg

I have been using the Slick Tricks for a few seasons now with compounds and they are hard to beat especially now that the blades are even sharper. With recurves I just stick to Zwickeys.

Muzzy 3 blade 100 grains..or Rockets Ultimate steel 100 grains. those lil heads are wicked sharp and tough, shot a doe once with one at 25 yrds and she never knew what hit her about 2 minutes later she died right under my stand.

I have a mixed bag of broadheads. The ones that I have been using for 17 plus years are thunderhead 125. But last year at the end of the season my dad gave me two other ones to try this season and they were the montec 125 and the hellrazzer 125. Have not shot anything with them yet but the first doe that walks buy is going to have the test run on her.

I've been using Muzzy's 3 and 4 blade for a long time. Prior to that the Savora 4 blade which replaced the Bear razorheads with the bleeder blades.

for turkeys I have been using with great success the Magnus bullhead 3" cut, and for everything else, I like the Magnus Snuffer SS. Sharp and easy to sharpen!

Little tiny 100gr cut on contact Sonics.

I've shot them to 55yds and they fly and group right with my practice field points. I don't know of any other broadhead that can do that. Therefore, I don't have to 're-sight' in my hunting blades before going afield...

You might not think they'd kill so well for such a small cutting dia., but I've got no complaints so far and plenty of vension in the freezer...

I been shooting NAP Shockwaves 85 grain for more than five years now and have had nothing but great performance from them no reason to change, I used to shoot 85 grain thunderheads but they didn't group well out of the bow I'm shooting now.

We cant use mecanical broadheads in oregon i dont think i would use them on elk anyway.
always had good luck with zwickeys,magnus,thunderheads and this years i'm going to try some silverflames out.

I was talking to some guys today at the archery store about broadheads and one guys said any of these broadheads will kill if you make a good shot i told him i want the one's that will kill with a bad shot and that means penetration.

I shot thunderhead 100's & 125's for 17 years. Last year I switched to slick trick & doubt I look back. As far as shooting, they can't be beat for fixed blades. I only killed two deer with them but had great preformance. We'll see how it goes this year.

Coleridge

I have shot Thunderhead 100' & 125's also. Do you see that much improvment in the slick trick over the Thunderheads? I have considered looking at new tech but it would prob be an expandable if I did change.

What type of Sight are you using? I broke some optics on my tru-glo extream. Tried to replace them and was sent fibers that were to short. Got frustrated and Just ordered the Black Gold from Cabelas.

Back