Bowhunting PICS

Jeff Mock

O.K. fellas, I asked to see your bow hunting pics in the Predator Hunting forum awhile back for a reason.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Let's see those bowhunting PHOTO's!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

A few of the bucks I have killed with my bow nothing huge just one that is kinda odd.My first buck with a bow had my little buddy help me track it.
Email0002-1.jpg

This one was harvested and forgot to take pic till it was skinned out
Email0007.jpg

This one was harvested in MD it speaks for itself
Email0006.jpg

This one was harvested in MD last season
Email0005.jpg

And this one was harvested in 2006 last day of PA archery season
Email0003.jpg

Those are some of my bow kills nothing spectacular but all are trophies to me.

Edited by Nikonut: Text has been rearranged to make it easier to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK
This was the 3rd coyote I took with a bow. I heard him barking at another coyote while I was bowhunting for deer and I lip sqeaked and he came trotting up but when I drew he saw me but as he left he stopped(they always do) and zip.
ImportedPhotos00375.jpg

My son's 2009 New Years day buck
IMG_0184.jpg

Here are two very unusual pics.
Both are trail camera pictures. One is the pig I named ironsides because I shot him twice over a week apart with my bow and he survived .The second shot he fell about 20yds away and laid there for 10 minutes and as I got down he left. The picture was a week later at the same stand.I passed him up once after that just cause I thought he was too tough to die.
ImportedPhotos00014.jpg

Look very close in this picture and you can make out my outline in the large tree directly behind this big sow. She didn't survive.
ImportedPhotos00389.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a few elk I've killed.

This is my first branch antlered bull. Can't beleive its been 13 years ago. All teeth.

5pt-1.jpg

My best bull to date. Crappy pic, but all we had was a vedio camera. Got the hunt and kill on tape, but only pics came from snips of the vedio.

6pt.jpg

This one was cool, as I called in a 5pt and a spike with an antler call I made. 5pt would never give me the angle, so I took the spike.

daleelk1.jpg

9-12-07299.jpg

And a few others just for fun.

dalespike-1.jpg

DaleElk2.jpg

4pt.jpg

Well I'm pretty new to bow hunting but I have a little success under my belt.

This is my first bow kill and only deer with a bow. She got me hooked though, still working on my first buck.

1000215q.jpg

1000220.jpg

This picture was taken on my moose hunt. I was just posing for a picture,funny thing is after the picture I set the bow down and just as I did a coyote stepped out right where I was aiming at about 25 yards just on the other side of the beaver flowage. I tried to get the bow up and I almost got to full draw when the yote bolted. I never got a bull, called one in but he never got within bow range.

1000240j.jpg

Same moose hunt. We kept seeing partridge and my dad was like we should of brought a shotgun. I said no need, and he said you can't hit one of those. Well the next one that I saw was at 20 yards. I removed the broad head and all I had was the tip of the arrow shaft to hit this bird with. My dad said that I wouldn't even come close, I got to full draw and when I did the grouse stretch his neck out and I aimed for the neck the arrow hit right where I was aiming. Guess what we had for lunch?

1000243g.jpg

I hope to get my first buck this year, the sign is looking good.

Awesome shot on the grouse cutleryotehunter,keep at'er your first buck will come mine took me 2 yrs then it was another 3yrs before I killed another with my bow.Good luck.

Here's two little freezer trophies taken in a day from the same stand.
PICT10-15-07-d.jpg

Here's two more from the same stand, same bow, several years before on a single morning. These were large does unlike the previous picture.
PICT0006.jpg

Here's the stick and string I'm using. It's a PSE Firestorm with Beman ICS hunter arrows and Crimson Talon 100gr. broadheads.
PSE1.jpg

Quote:
Well I'm pretty new to bow hunting but I have a little success under my belt.

This is my first bow kill and only deer with a bow. She got me hooked though, still working on my first buck. an old doe beats a young buck anyday in my book. alot of people think shooting a doe is a piece of cake but a doe and buck in the same year class, i'd give the "smart" nod to the baldy anyday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

1000215q.jpg

1000220.jpg

This picture was taken on my moose hunt. I was just posing for a picture,funny thing is after the picture I set the bow down and just as I did a coyote stepped out right where I was aiming at about 25 yards just on the other side of the beaver flowage. I tried to get the bow up and I almost got to full draw when the yote bolted. I never got a bull, called one in but he never got within bow range.

1000240j.jpg

Same moose hunt. We kept seeing partridge and my dad was like we should of brought a shotgun. I said no need, and he said you can't hit one of those. Well the next one that I saw was at 20 yards. I removed the broad head and all I had was the tip of the arrow shaft to hit this bird with. My dad said that I wouldn't even come close, I got to full draw and when I did the grouse stretch his neck out and I aimed for the neck the arrow hit right where I was aiming. Guess what we had for lunch?

1000243g.jpg

I hope to get my first buck this year, the sign is looking good.

Here a a few bow kills, I've missed a few giants, but thats bowhunting.

I rattled this one in

Deer2006-05.jpg

this buck was old

s182.jpg

128 5/8 P&Y, Its entered!

s87.jpg

loins for the grill

Deer2008-009.jpg

Here are some of mine. I now shoot purely traditional despite my brief bout with the compound.

The first two are my only big game bow kills to date....2 south Texas hogs. Both are with a #48 Rampart custom-built recurve.

Next is my first turkey and with a bow to boot. I still kick myself for taking the wheel bow because it was an 18yrd chip shot.

Tim

WOW! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

This was my first and only deer to date with a bow. Grossed 158 1/8" and netted 140 1/8". Field dressed at 320lbs. BIG cornfed riverbottom deer. Wild night. I dropped a arrow when I was pulling my bow up. It landed broadhead up. After I shot this guy, I was getting ready to climb down. My climber broke and I fell 20'. I landed 12" from the arrow. Then It started raining so hard I could't hardly see to dress the deer. I will never forget a second of that evening.
IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

Back