Man Caves! Where's yours?

sendit223

A post on another section by 6mm06 called "Barn Loft Hunting" got me thinking...

There is a show on TV called Man Caves, or something like that.

One house ago I carved out a space in the basement to call my own. A storage/retreat/mancave if you will. My wife made me a "Man Zone" sign for my birthday one year (because I'm spoiled) and that was that.

Current house had no basement, so I had to improvise. I claimed a dusty corner of the attic that had insulation and potential fall through spots all over. A few yards of particle board, cans of Great Stuff, scarfed carpet remnants, hours of cordless drilling and nail gunning later and .... it's my man cave.

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

Where's yours?

I don't have a dedicated mancave per se, but mine is sometimes the study:
R-15Pics003.jpg

And sometimes the basement if I am doing something down there like cleaning guns:
Rifle.jpg

Nice looking caves, guys!

Right now, mine is in the basement in a bedroom not being used...with that said, we will be building a new home in the near future.

The only thing that I want is a room at the front of the garage I can call my own....

Tim

My "Man Cave" could be my entire house!! It's less than 900 sq. ft., but I can use it all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Although, currently, I just use the front room for most things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif...entertainment/dining/"office" (bill paying)/storage place for all things hunting/& if it's raining, the few feet inside the front door becomes my work area for my calls, instead of the front porch step. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

my man cave is also under construction , I am doing the work my self with help from the nephews and me being fat, old and broke i am guessing it will take awile
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

here are some photos of my dream game room
the hole
IMG_0905.jpg

then inspection

filling the hole, "18 yards"
IMG_0913.jpg

then inspection
framing
IMG_0942.jpg

then inspection

then house rap
IMG_0947.jpg

now i am broke and it sits awaiting siding then a another inspection for the insallation.

i hope some day to post photos of all my mount on the wall but for now what you see is what i got /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

weas, i have room for you now pal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
This is my man cave. Its a basement remodel completed a year ago. I finished it up with red pine that was cut from the yard.
007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

Those are some nice man caves. I like it George. There's room for me, Stewie, Sofie, Mira and more! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those are awesome.I wish I had a cool place to hang out but I dont.I guess my bedroom would be considered my "man cave" but I kind of think a man cave is somewhere that you can go and have peace and quiet whenever you want.My bedroom door got ripped off in a scuffle between my brother and I so anyone can just walk in my room/man cave whenever they want.I guess if I had one room in my house where nobody will bother me and I can just hang out would be my bathroom.Sometimes I just go in there,lay on the floor and read....Im just kiddin kinda.I have thought about puttin a TV in my bathroom though.I'd never have to leave except to eat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

the garage is my work shop but I consider the basement my man cave and off limits to the wife. It is under construction right now. For now my mounts are placed there.

2008Pictures149.jpg

I clean my guns here in the basement and also do some woodworking too.
000_0245a.jpg

My living room has my gun cabinet and fish mount.
20096-12-09Pictures014.jpg

Okay,I had to play too...Last year before the birth of our little girl I had a room for years that I called the gun room...Since this little joy came into our lives I got to move my stuff out of the house and into a brand new out building...It is 12x24 and I build calls,reload,skin fox,coyotes or whatever....I also have my fleshing board and all of my trapping supplies in there...I have a loft in each end of the building with rafters and I also have a 2 inch piece of round steel running the entire length of the rafters for hanging deer,coyotes or whatever I pull the trigger on...When the weather gets cold I have an old Sears blower type wood stove and a fridge to keep the beer cold...I dont know if you would call it my man cave or the doghouse...Either way I love it!!!I spend many hours in there...Come on in and see what you think....Chad
100_2016.jpg

100_2017.jpg

100_2018.jpg

100_2020.jpg

100_2021.jpg

100_2022.jpg

100_2023.jpg

I have a whole shop to myself. It's a 18'x15' building. I just got the house, so it's still needs a little work. It has a sofa, new shelves, a reloading/work table, storage area, vintage outdoor stuff, and most of my euro mounts (wife doesn't like skulls in the house). I need a window unit ac and a mini fridge for beer and it should have all the essentials for a man to thrive.

Good stuff guys. Mine's a little 12x12 wood framed builging. It currently has the meat freezer, beer fridge, and shelves for reloading components down one whole wall. I'm working on an 8' reloading bench and a 6' wide floor to ceiling closet for hunting clothes and gear. After that I'll add a folding (or portable) stainless steel table for meat cutting. Hopefully I'll be ready to use it by the end of this summer.

Nick,you have got some nice mounts my friend...I see you have a robinhooded arrow too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That coyote mount is beautiful! It really has that "I got you pegged" look they get when they pick you out of the scrub.
Chupa

Thanks Chupa!

The taxidermist expressed the fact that he liked to let the animal's natural body makeup determine how the mount will be, in a sense letting nature take care of it. I told him to just do what he does best.

I'm glad you think it worked out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Nick,you have got some nice mounts my friend...I see you have a robinhooded arrow too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Thanks Chad. That arrow was purely coincidence.

I wish I could say I was that good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back