N-133 powder?

Vent_O_Later

I was given some of this powder (N-133)

I've never used this powder and was wondering if anyone has experiance with it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif I've looked though my books and there is no listing for what I'm reloading for, 223, 22-250, 270, 38, 357, 9mm, ????

Just wondering what it works for

Thanks

-Vent-

I have VihtaVuori reloading guide 6, it Looks like n-133 has about the same burn rate as H335. The guide has loads listed for 223 up to 69 g bullet. I did not see anything for 22-250.

I am not sure if the guide I have is the same as the link listed above...it crashes adobe everytime I open it, I am not sure if it is a file problem or an adobe problem on my machine. I am betting it is my machine...I called it names today and threatened to replace it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

You were given some GREAT powder. 25gn behind a 50gn NBT in a 223 is listed by Nosler as a max load and some show a max of 26gns. It shoots great in 2 of my 223's. (Disclaimer: I am not a highly experienced reloader)

N-133 is on the top of the list of 223 Rem. powders, for
accuracy. My Tikka 223 Rem. loves the stuff. My data
came out of the the Vit. loading data.

Squeeze

nosler #6 has it in 223rem for 40grn (3800fps) and 50grn(3400fps).....it's a superb powder as are all viht powders....expense stuff-so if a gift from a friend,don't forget his birthday! benchrester's luv it....1 of the favorite go juice in 22ppc & 6ppc and variants. It's designed for small cases.....rifle powder.....how much did he give ya?
i use 135(FIVE) in my 22br's and 6br's....very consistent pressures&velocities plus clean burning.

Last edited:
for 223 is a great powder
optimum ...... one of the very best for 40-50 gr bullet in 223, 222

too fast for optimum performance in 22-250, or 270...

try 24.8 with 50 gr v max in a 223 and work up .1 gr at a time to 25.something

Use a thick cup primer such as a CCI 450, BR-4, or Rem 7 1/2 and work your way up with a 40 and 50g Bullet. You will not believe the accuracy and speed.

I would venture to say I loaded over 10000 rounds of it behind 69 grain SMK's for NRA highpower cross the course matches. Accurate and consistant. I was loading at the time for my Dad, Brother, Nephew and both my sons. They were shooting a match a month and needed 100 rounds each per match. Then there were practice sessions every weekend.

You got some good stuff.

Back