Do I go for it??? FX3 deal...

JDReno

Well I was at my local Cabela's earlier and browsing around the calls. They had a ton of Foxpros in stock, fx5's, fx3's, fury's and scoprions... The fury's were at $599, FX5's were at $699 I believe, and the FX3's were at $399 w/o the rechargeable batteries and charger... But then I spotted a price tag that caught my eye $299 for a FX3 in Mossy Oak Brush, looked at the box and started comparing to the others. They only had one, and it was clearly labeled on the back that it included 8 rechargeable batteries and a charger, which runs $40 on top of the $399 normal price tag. I walked out and resisted temptation to splurge. But now I'm thinking it might be worth it, especially with the $20 off coupon I have. So I'd be looking at $302 out the door! Basically the price that many used ones are going for. I was really intent on getting a FX5 eventually this year. Mainly due to the awesome features of the remote, compared to the rather simple fx3 remote, but I'm thinking this is worth it, and I can always upgrade through foxpro for $200, which would still put me at $500 for the FX5, which seems unheard of!
What do ya' think?

That was a heck of a deal!I gave more than that for my fx3...I was reading somewhere that Foxpro was going to quit making the fx5...

Alright, well I think I'm gonna head out there in the next couple hours and grab that. I figure for $300 I can see if I even dig the E-caller thing before spending $500-600 on one. I've heard great things about the FX3, I'm just picky and love spoiling myself with top of the line stuff. haha. So this will be a good lesson in compromise for me!
MCWALK, if that's true, maybe it means there's something better coming! Doubt it, I'm sure they're just phasing that out for the Fury which seems to be an awesome setup.

From what I understand the reason they are phasing it out is because the fx5 costs more to make than the Fury .Thats what I heard or read somewhere...You will love the fx3...32 sounds is way plenty for me and Ive called lots in with it,but you know what?Im supposed to tell you to buy handcalls,they are better and have longer battery life!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

haha... That's what I hear! I have yet to have a hand call die on me when I needed it!
I believe that about the FX5 cost to manufacture being higher. Which also explains why the Fury, which seems like a "better" unit is already selling for $100 less than the older model FX5.
The memory size(32 sounds or whatever) wasn't really a discouraging factor for me. But after playing around with the newer TX-500, or even TX-200, remotes they seemed much better than the FX3's remote. Love the preset sound and volume buttons, and the rotary knob... But in time I suppose. I doubt the coyotes will notice those little details. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Only other concern is being a Mac user. I read the page on the Foxpro site and it doesn't sound too difficult to load/swap/download sounds, so we'll see how that goes. Cause I'd like to download a few extra sounds and organize them from #1 to say #10 with my most commonly used sounds, in turn, making it a little easier on me out in the field.

I must be missing something. On 5/10/09, I posted my FoxPro in the classifieds. Bought it as a FX3, before I even used it sent it to FoxPro & upgraded it to an FX 5. Used it twice, wouldn't know it from new. It's MOBU too. No rechargable batteries & charger [beeep], (can you say Wally World)? Listed it at $400 shipped. Didn't get one offer. But an FX3 at $400 is a "bargain"?

Read his first post...He is getting it for $302.00 out the door...That is a good buy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I did read his first post. $302 out the door. Plus sales tax, plus shipping back to FoxPro to upgrade it to an FX5. Then he'll only have $500+ into it.

Quote:
I did read his first post. $302 out the door. Plus sales tax, plus shipping back to FoxPro to upgrade it to an FX5. Then he'll only have $500+ into it.

Hey brother I think we both got crossed up here...If he leaves it as an fx3 that is a good deal.If I was going to upgrade I would just go ahead and get a fury....I wouldnt even bother with the fx5 since there is talk of not making the fx5 anymore...The price that you had on your fx5 is a great price for $400.00...Who knows foxpro may have the Mac Daddy of all callers coming out this year... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

$302 out the door, which means tax included. As I said earlier, I have a $20 off coupon that they sent out. So that's tax and all, with batteries and a charger... No matter how you look at it that's a deal! Even with the $215 charge to upgrade to the FX5 and shipping from Foxpro, I could keep the charger and batteries and have a complete brand new FX5 setup for $517! that's a $200 savings from buying it at Cabelas or even most online retailers.
I too would rather get the Fury, but as far as I know Foxpro doesn't offer the upgrade option from the FX3 to the Fury, or do they? It would be cheaper than the $200 upgrade I'd image, seeing as the Fury sell for cheaper.

Didn't figure they would. Probably offering the incentive in an effort to clear out the FX5's since they're discontinuing them. Didn't get a chance to get back out there yet, but planning on it tomorrow.
MCWALK, i follow ya on the upgrade. If I was going to upgrade the FX3 down the road, I'd probably just sell it private party and buy the Fury...

$302 out the door is great-if he keeps it as an FX3. Ability to resell at a fair price-doubtful based on my experience. Upgrade to FX5-not good. Upgrade from an FX3 to a Fury-no way. Can't even upgrade from an FX5 to a Fury. With prices falling on the new stuff (Fury), I'd either buy the FX3 & be happy with it or wait, unless I really needed it. That said there is a substantial difference in the FX3 vs. the FX5-ask anyone who has owned both. Decisions, decisions!

check out the fury in the members clubhouse. a little more money but its one heck of a buy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
$525 could get you a fury and the money go's to a good cause

Last edited:
Back