NCSTAR MARK III 6-24X50 ILLUMINATED MIL-DOT RIFLE SCOPE

You would be better off saving more money and buying something of known quality with a warranty that you can use when you need it.

As far as clear when on max power, with the way my eyes are. I have to spend a grand before I can get that.

Quote:
are these scopes clear at high power,anybody used these?

NO! I had one at one time, can't remember where I got it or what I mounted it on. Worst "Buy" I ever made, save your money and don't make the same mistake I did.

Thanks for reminding me of how ignorant I was at one time.....I appreciate it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Chupa

i will disagree. i have that scope on a savage 204. a couple of hundred rounds through it and the scope has not moved.
the only negative is the illumination is too bright at dusk-dark.

I bought an NC-Star spotting scope doe use at the range. It's worse than bad. I paid $30 for it off e-Bay and had to send it back about a month ago. I have not heard from the seller and I really don't care.

Quote:
i will disagree. i have that scope on a savage 204. a couple of hundred rounds through it and the scope has not moved.
the only negative is the illumination is too bright at dusk-dark.

Hey betty, if it's working for you then I'm very happy for you and only wish you continued success. But my experience with them was worse than bad. If you got one that works...then you got one that works.

Chupa

The thing I really like about my NC Star was the built in secret decoder ring, not to mention the lick and stick tattoo packet that came with it for only three box tops from Fruity Pebbles and a modest shipping and handling fee.

Gotta love it.

Dan

Quote:
The thing I really like about my NC Star was the built in secret decoder ring, not to mention the lick and stick tattoo packet that came with it for only three box tops from Fruity Pebbles and a modest shipping and handling fee.

Gotta love it.

Dan

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifNow that right there is funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Gotta love it.

Dan

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gifNow that right there is funny! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That is funny and not to far off. You get what you pay for. I find it hard to believe there clear at any power. But you buy what you can afford.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not an elitist, and wholeheartedly agree that we buy what fits the budget.

I have a few nicer scopes, but some that are pretty modest, but functional.

I would take the money one would spend on a high mag, bells and whistles type cheap scope and put it toward a 3 to 9 power Bushnell or one of the other lower cost scopes. You'll get more for your money there than you will with the high mag variables, especially the lighted reticle versions.

Dan

This is what I don't get. The NC Star MarkIII's at the shows around here go for about $130-150, Literally for about $50 more you could step up to a Burris FFII or a Bushnell Elite 3200(granted not in the same power range but of far superior quality). Why would anybody consider these at all? Same goes for the SEALS brand or any of the other brands you've never heard of...but see a ton of at the gun shows. Not only that, but you always see them stacked up by the dozens on a table next to the $15 radial arm saw's... I mean what's up with that.....Hello.

Chupa

Chupa..
Then there are those Super Snipers and Counter Sniper Super Duper Sneaky Wis Bang Special Edition with Tacticool Ranging Unit, they cost a good chunk of change and are really no better! People blow good hard earned cash on those too, 6 months later they are junk and cant get warranty service to repair them. I bet they dont have 25 bucks into a scope they sell for 600.

If you spec'd out a scope, you can get a whole crew of chinese people to build them for you, each unit costing about what you have in change on your dresser and in the sofa cushions right now.

Careful what you type about the CounterSniper Tactical Optical Weaponsight. The ninjas can appear from out of no where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
The Sunglass Hut booth, the Orange Julius booth, Starbucks, Chic'fil-A, Foot Locker...ANYWHERE I tell ya!

You are never safe from a Special Black Ops Operative operating covertly in a mall near you...

I won't even get into the Blackhawk airstrike potential /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
I can't believe you guys left out the SNOWWIS scopes. Fine european optics!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
I forgot about that one!!

Quote:
I can't believe you guys left out the SNOWWIS scopes. Fine european optics!!

Never seen that one, but I'll add it to my list of stuff to avoid.

Chupa

Lets go easy on the SNOWWIS I have a 25yr old one that has never let me down!It might be one of the better ones,maybe Japanese made.Its almost as clear as a beer fart!

Back